Need help on a number of things ...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by joshuaUNDFTD » Wed May 19, 2010 11:50 pm

Hi ,

I have my ears pierced already at the regular size (done with the "gun") a few years back . Not sure what size it is though . It's been a couple of years since i've had them in , but i still have the hole's (although when i put them in from time to time , i have to poke out a new hole behind my ear). I wanted to know , do i put my earrings back in for a while before i jump into stretching ? Plus , my ear holes feel hard-ish on the inside , what does this mean ?

Another thing ,
My parents dont approve of me getting them done , but im trying to convince them . I am Sixteen years of age and going to High School and unemployed . My mother has nine piercings in her ears , a lip ring , two tongue rings , nose ring , a bar going through her cleavage and about 6 tattoos . You would think she'd let me , but she doesn't approve . My father has a few tattoo's as well , and a bunch of piercings too , but all he's telling me is that "You'll regret it later !" . I dont want to even go too big , all im looking into is about up to a size 4 or 2 . How do i convince my parents into letting me get them (which im also gonna pay for!)

Thank you .
joshuaUNDFTD

by leighmarie » Thu May 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Being pierced with a gun can cause issues when stretching (I was unfortunately pierced by gun too) as it can cause scar tissue, which is what could be the hard area around your piercing. The best thing for scar tissue I've found is Vitamin E oil, so maybe try massaging your ears with that for a little while before you start stretching (and during the process).

Also, I would leave some earrings in for a while before you start stretching, and if you've been having to re-pierce yourself to get them through you'll have to make sure they're completely healed from that, not just the original piercing.

I think your parents probably have the "don't do it yet" attitude rather than the "don't do it at all" attitude, which is fairly sensible. You may or may not like the same things when you're a little older or, like you said, you may have a career at some point that would be affected by them.

As long as you keep to a 4 or 2 I don't see why they should have too much issue, if you ever changed your mind you could downsize or could wear retainers while you're working.
I always found the best way to convince my parents about something was to seriously do my homework about it so they really understand that you know what you're doing, are prepared for the possible consequences and know how you'll deal with them. Plus, if it's something you have your heart set on long enough they'll realise it's not just a trend or phase.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by joshuaUNDFTD » Fri May 21, 2010 9:36 pm

Thank you for the help ,

Will massaging my ear with Vitamin E oil make it go away ?
joshuaUNDFTD

by corazon_de_oro » Sat May 22, 2010 12:28 am

I've had pretty good luck with vitamin E oil... I have a little scarring in my ears from a lot of past piercings and it's helped. My stretches have been much easier since I've been using it.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Sat May 22, 2010 2:48 pm

I've always used Vitamin E since I started stretching so I couldn't tell you if there was a noticeable difference between using it and not using it, but despite the fact my lobes were pierced by gun I've never had any problems stretching, and everyone I know recommends it.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

Return to New To Stretching