Am I just different?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Nugent » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Okay well about 2 months ago I got my ears pierced for the first time and it was straight up to a 8g. I got it done at a local piercing shop and they said that was fine and now I'm not so sure if I got false info. Anyways after they were all healed up and everything about a month later maybe less I'm not quite sure I put 4g bullrings to stretch them. It did not hurt at all, I felt pressure but no pain. A week passed and I decided to put some 2g tapers in (well stretched with tapers and then put in plugs) that also did not hurt. Then I downsized them to a 4 again and back to a 2. About a week after that I now have 0g tapers in my ears again with no pain. My ears never bled or ripped and I always use salt water solution. After doing a little research I now realize I did this very quickly and is should have hurt and I should have scar tissue. I'm going to keep my ears at 0g for about a month and then size up to 7/16. So basically my question is, is this normal? Are my ears just good for stretching (my lobes have always been larger and stretchier than most others), and is there anything I should stop doing or do now to help my lobes. Thank you and any feedback is appreciated.
Nugent

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Getting pierced at 8G is completely fine. However, you did rush it after that. Everyone's body is different, but you should wait about 6 months after an initial piercing to do your first stretch. It's not enough for it to just be healed, it needs to be strong enough and loosened up for the stretch. Also, you should not have skipped 6G. The 8G-6G stretch is a big enough jump and I'm very surprised you didn't rip your ears skipping to 4.

If you really never had any bleeding or pain whatsoever, you are unbelievably lucky. What do your ears look like when you take out the jewelry? Are they wrinkly or are they nice, round holes?

Even though you did get lucky, you really shouldn't continue your same stretching pattern because you will probably develop scar tissue and thinning in the future. Please go to 00G before 7/16", and give your ears a few months to rest. If I were you I'd downsize but if you don't want to do that, at least give them a break. You should also start doing some oil massages to break down scar tissue (but don't do them if your ears are sore or anything).

Stretching is not something that's supposed to be rushed. Sure, some people do it and get lucky but why risk it? It's all about patience, and getting to your goal size will be even more rewarding if you wait.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Nugent » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:46 pm

I meant 00 I dont know why I put 7/16. And thank you for your input Im gonna wait about two months before stretching again and when I take my jewelry out theyre just round holes but when you look inside there are a few lines on the inside like little wrinkles but I was told that was normal is it not? And I will make sure to be patient from now on.
Nugent

Return to New To Stretching