Very nervous...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by BlkMk2Jetta » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:42 pm

So I turn 18 on Wednesday. Ill finally be getting my lobes pierced professionally with a needle. I want to go up to a 2G tops if i later decide to stretch. I'm taking every proper precaution to properly stretch. Waiting long periods of time to heal before stretching up. Not wearing tappers as jewelery and getting pierced with the needle etc. However here is my question, I have always wanted gauges, though I am frightened that if I do everything right and only go as high as a 2G that my ear will never be NORMAL. And by normal I mean like my lobe is completely closed and I have a tiny dot of scar tissue at most, that isn't very noticeable. Is this possible with out surgery? Ill be going to college for engineering and more then likely will get a job over seas. If my gauges are frowned upon, I will have to remove them for the sake of my career. So as you can see, I am very nervous about this. I need as much advice as possible. Maybe pics of down sized ears and story's and experiences from folks who have down sized? Thanks a lot everyone, Andre.
BlkMk2Jetta

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:17 am

If you stay at 2G your lobes will probably shrink, but there's no guarantee. Normally I recommend getting pierced at a bigger size (like 10G or so) to people who don't have pierced ears, but they also have less of a chance of shrinking if you do that. So you should just go for the 16G-14G piercing.

I know it sounds like a ridiculous amount of time, but you really need to wait about 6 months after your initial piercing to do your first stretch. It's not enough for the piercing to just be healed, it has to have some time to strengthen and loosen up enough to be stretched. After that leave about 6-8 weeks between sizes or until you can stretch with no pain and very little resistance. Stretching slowly and carefully will reduce your risk of scar tissue which increases the chance of your lobes shrinking.

That being said, if the possibility of having holes in your ears forever is absolutely out of the question for you, it might not be a good idea for you to stretch. But 2G isn't going to leave a huge gaping hole or anything.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching