blowout?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by xash » Sat May 01, 2010 1:16 am

So I'm pretty sure I have a blowout.. its blurry but my ear looks like this.. Image

The other day I went from an 8 to a 6 and the soreness was pretty much gone so today i tried to take it out to clean it. When I pulled out my gauge my ear was bleeding but not really painful. When I went to put my gauge back in it felt a little tight going through the back so I just pushed it through. I happened to look at the back and that's what's there. Haha.

I just don't know what to do with it. Even now with what I believe is a blowout there's still no pain..
Take out this gauge? Put in the smaller gauge? No gauge at all?
Helppp. I don't want my ear to be messed upp. I planned on going all the way to a 0. Lol.
xash

by magalo le matelot » Mon May 03, 2010 2:38 am

Try to downsize, and if you don't want to, put your plug in from behind, it will reverse the blowout. It's painful but it work !
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by Xpauliexincx » Wed May 26, 2010 4:54 pm

It's not blown out! I know this because you said the pain stopped! When you have a blow out you have constant pain! The little flap of skin you have is just excess skin which will fall off eventually! Just leave your ear to settle!
If the pain worsens then tale your jewellery out completely! Let it heal!
Xpauliexincx

by corazon_de_oro » Wed May 26, 2010 5:21 pm

Blowouts aren't always painful. I'm not an expert on blowouts because I've never had one but if you want to get rid of it you definitely need to downsize and do some oil massages to try to get the flap of skin back into the hole.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Sun May 30, 2010 10:47 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Blowouts aren't always painful. I'm not an expert on blowouts because I've never had one but if you want to get rid of it you definitely need to downsize and do some oil massages to try to get the flap of skin back into the hole.

Why are you saying that, if you never had a blowouts.
I had 2 and I can tell you something : They hurt like shit.

magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Sun May 30, 2010 11:42 pm

I've never had to fix one on my own ear, but I know how they happen and that SOME blowouts are painless. You can get a tiny blowout just from changing your jewelry; it's rare but it happens. Some people stretch perfectly, wait long enough between each stretch, perform a successful, painless stretch and wake up with a blowout the next day. It's not always a traumatic, painful experience.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Mon May 31, 2010 1:04 am

Thats not a blowout, that's juste a flap of skin that fall with time (new tissue pushed out of the inside). Blowout is when your lobes is inside-out, and that is really painful. Your skin is in the inside of your lobe and the fistula (including the healed one) is partly out.

magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

A blowout doesn't have to be the entire fistula turning inside out. They vary a lot; just because some blowouts are smaller and less painful doesn't mean they're not blowouts.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching