8g to 6g lobe stretch

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by DumSpiroSpero » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:05 am

Hi there, I'm pretty new to this website. (I like it a lot though, everyone seems very friendly to stretching newbies on here, unlike yahoo answers. haha.

I've been stretching for a little over 2 months now. I use jajoba oil pretty religiously, and I've been using a guideline that my girlfriend gave me which is about 1 size every 2 weeks until you get to a 2g. Today I put in 6g tapers. It has been my only difficult stretch. It left my ears pretty red (which is getting better now) and are more sore than other stretches. Did I maybe go to fast? (If so, what should I do?) or is the 6g just a tough stretch for everyone? (My girlfriend and best friend have both told me it was their hardest stretches.)
DumSpiroSpero

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:05 am

Two weeks for each size is not long enough, even at small sizes. Small sizes are just as important as bigger ones. You should be waiting about 6-8 weeks, or until you can put in the next size without pain or a lot of resistance.

If I were you I'd downsize to 8G. Also, don't wear tapers as jewelry; get a pair of single-flare or no-flare plugs for each size.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DumSpiroSpero » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:18 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:Two weeks for each size is not long enough, even at small sizes. Small sizes are just as important as bigger ones. You should be waiting about 6-8 weeks, or until you can put in the next size without pain or a lot of resistance.

If I were you I'd downsize to 8G. Also, don't wear tapers as jewelry; get a pair of single-flare or no-flare plugs for each size.

Alright. I'm really new to all of this, which is why I'm on here. haha. Do you think there is any permanent damage from what I have done thus far? I don't have any of the the commonly heard or obvious problems like: blow out, cat ass, or thinning lobes. Thank you for the advice and help. :)
DumSpiroSpero

by ViolentJayne » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:05 pm

its hard to say how much damage is done , its probably not to bad and probably could be fixed with downsizing and time plus some oils wont hurt. alot or problems like cant but wont show up till you are about 00 but that still doesnt mean that they werent caused by damage in the smaller sizes .. does that make since ?
like if you scared up your lobe at 8 ga it might not be a noticable problem till you get to 00 ...
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Return to New To Stretching