One ripped Ear, new to stretching, would like advice.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Kairi » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:50 pm

Hey all! I recently have been wanting to stretch my ears (which are already pierced) However, one of my ears is ripped slightly, and the other is kinda closed. I didn't look up any info on stretching and just went out and bought tapers like an idiot. I bought two 12G's and the 12G fits in the ripped ear, and fits half way into the normal one. I had my ears pierced with a gun, but don't know the gauge. I wanna know how long I should wait to try and go all the way with my normal ear. And what I should go about cleaning them.
Any info is greatly appreciated!
Kairi

by corazon_de_oro » Mon May 03, 2010 2:14 am

First of all, guns really aren't suitable for piercings; getting your lobes pierced with one may have created scar tissue that will make it hard to stretch.
That being said, most "standard" earrings are 20-18G, meaning you should start at about 16G. Some people who've had lobe piercings for a while find they've stretched over time and can fit bigger jewelry in. If you had no problem fitting the 12G in one lobe that's fine, but don't force it into your other lobe. You may need to start at 16G or even 18G on that side.
As for your whole stretching journey, here's my advice: Wait 6 weeks or more between every size, massage your lobes with an oil like emu, vitamin E, jojoba, etc., don't skip any sizes, and don't wear tapers. If you stretch slowly enough you shouldn't be creating wounds that you need to "clean," but you can clean your jewelry with antibacterial soap and water.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Mon May 03, 2010 10:55 am

I had my lobes pierced with guns (when I was too young to know better) and I've never had any problems with them, but I agree that you're much better off getting pierced with a needle. I'd never get anything else gunned.

Mine were about 1.2mm (not sure what gauge that is), but stretched up to 1.6mm pretty easily 'cause I'd had them done so long.
I agree that you definitely shouldn't force it, try a smaller size and start from there.

corazon_de_oro has given really great advice, basically. :b
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by Kairi » Wed May 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. I wish I would've seen them before I put the 12 all the way in. It's healing great though. Doesn't hurt anymore, no more redness. And I do have jojoba oil for it. And I've had them both in for like three weeks now. Would it be alright if i went up a size?
Kairi

by leighmarie » Thu May 06, 2010 10:28 am

I'd leave it longer. For a normal stretch I'd say wait about 6 weeks between sizes, but as you've ripped your ear I'd recommend even longer.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

Return to New To Stretching