Need some realistic advice

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Daveyboy131 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Ok i recently got my ears pierced at a 16g.
What i want to do is skip 14g and go to 12g.
How long should i wait to make this stretch?

I need realistic advice i dont really have a alot of patience lol. So id i were to do this how long should i wait?
Daveyboy131

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:55 am

You're not going to like what I say at all, but you should never skip any sizes and you should wait at least six months after a new piercing to begin stretching.

That is realistic advice, because the damage you could cause to your lobes by rushing it is real. Don't go into stretching with an "I want to go as fast as possible, the bad stuff won't happen to me!" attitude. Your lobes are going to be on your body for the rest of your life, is it really worth being impatient about stretching?
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Daveyboy131 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:08 am

yeah that six month buisness isnt ganna work for me lol
Daveyboy131

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:38 am

I'm going to be honest: If you're not willing to be patient, stretching really isn't for you. Unless you don't mind having gross lobes for the rest of your life.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by saply » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:42 am

No no, I think he should go through with it and stretch as fast as he possibly can. There's no way it could possibly go wrong.

saply

by ast.riske » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:21 am

Stretching properly is about patience. If you don't have any and won't learn any, get cheater plugs and call it a day.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:21 pm

saply wrote:No no, I think he should go through with it and stretch as fast as he possibly can. There's no way it could possibly go wrong.

Hahahahaha at that picture.
I don't really want to see anyone mess up their ears, but I guess some people have to learn the hard way!

But seriously, if you don't want to take any advice I don't know why you started this thread. If you don't listen to anyone, you'll probably be back here in a few weeks saying "my ears are bleeding and swollen and I have a blowout, how do I fix it?"
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by ViolentJayne » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:25 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:
saply wrote:No no, I think he should go through with it and stretch as fast as he possibly can. There's no way it could possibly go wrong.

Hahahahaha at that picture.
I don't really want to see anyone mess up their ears, but I guess some people have to learn the hard way!

But seriously, if you don't want to take any advice I don't know why you started this thread. If you don't listen to anyone, you'll probably be back here in a few weeks saying "my ears are bleeding and swollen and I have a blowout, how do I fix it?"

exactly ! we have all seen it hear before .

and why exactly is 6 months not going to work for you ? your ears are still gonna be there in 6 months .. I really dont understand how its not gonna work .
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by VantageFive » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:36 pm

Okay, REALISTICALLY. It's very typical that you need to go extremely slowly, and very delicately in order to have proper, and healthy ear lobes. However, you can "pull it off" if you go a bit faster, but really the only thing that will save you is not skipping too much, going WAY too fast, and not cleaning and soaking it religiously. There ARE TIMES when extremely retarded people get away with having 1 inch lobes and get to it in under a year because they went fast, AND end up having healthy lobes. So it's not ENTIRELY true when the stretching nazis give their advice and say the typical "Wait 6 months before going from a 2g to a 0g" or whatever.

BASICALLY, you need to at least wait the minimum for YOUR ears. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS sea salt soak your eyes no matter HOW MUCH of a pain in the ass it seems like it is, whether it be soaking, or a spray. And try your best to not use tapers, especially when you start to get to the bigger sizes like 3/4ths and 7/8ths. I absolutely recommend using teflon, or bondage tape once you get to around 5/8ths, even sooner if you can.
VantageFive

Return to New To Stretching