2g to 0g questions

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by greeneyedbabe€ » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:40 pm

I have been stretching for close to a yr now and am currently in the process of going from a 2 to a 0 and I have some questions I guess. I clean my ears twice daily with 1/4 tsp sea salt to 1 cup water and I also use emu oil to massage my lobes always make sure to clean any access oil off my inner lobe before inserting the taper back in after cleaning. I have noticed that for me this is the hardest stretch for me. 4 and 2 gauges were a cake walk. The 0g taper went in my ear no problem, I have always stopped pushing when I felt a slightly tight sensation. This is the 2nd night with the 0g taper in my ears there really isn't any swelling, drainage, no bleeding of anykind, nothing out of the ordinary almost like all my other stretches,except that it kind stings or tingles like it did when I first got my septum done. Its not painful or really bothersome, I just want to know if its normal or if others have experienced something similar. Am I doing this right? Any comments and advice are welcome....thanks in advance
**Beauty is only skindeep**
greeneyedbabe€

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:51 am

2G-0G is a 2mm stretch, which is really too big to be doing all at once at such a small size. In my opinion, the BEST thing you can do is get some 1G/7mm jewelry as an in-between size. Another good option is to tape your plugs gradually up to 0G with plumber's tape.

If you're having pain, you should probably downsize to avoid the formation of scar tissue or even a blowout. Also, you shouldn't be wearing tapers; they're meant to be used as tools, not jewelry. Good luck!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by greeneyedbabe€ » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:33 am

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice, I don't usually wear my tapers like that at the moment in time I had miss placed my 0g plugs but I found them in their baggie in my purse from where I had bought them, I think the slight discomfort I was feeling was just from the taper bc after showering and then inserting my plugs afterwards they feel great and I have no soreness or anything of the sort.....but I am so glad to have actually signed up to a forum where ppl actually help you instead of critizing others...... :D
**Beauty is only skindeep**
greeneyedbabe€

Return to New To Stretching