Can I stretch with these tiny ears?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by thelauren » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:34 pm

I'd really like to stretch my ears some, but my ears are really tiny/attached. Would it be unwise or dangerous to try and stretch them?

thanks! and here they are...Image
I'm a noob. Don't judge :)
thelauren

by stashapistachio » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:32 pm

They look like mine used to, a long time ago :)
Mine are a little higher than I'd like and turned out a bit closer to my head too, but if they were pierced lower my ears would be much too thin. The only problems I've had are flares rubbing on my antitragus

You could just see how you go, with no unrealistic super-large goal size. But I might be tempted to talk to a piercer, and maybe repierce inbetween those two hole a little, where your ear seems thickest; take all the extra flesh you can get! Oil massages and downsizes can only help thicken lobes so much..
Just stretching a couple of sizes though, you probably wouldn't notice any difference at all in the health/shape of your ears.
stashapistachio

by ast.riske » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:15 am

Awesome, I just typed my entire message and safari crashed. Grr at you, iPod!

So, I agree with stashapistachio. I think your lobes could be alright up to a reasonable size, but it wouldn't hurt to think about having your ears repierced for positioning. You may want to consider havin your firsts sutured before you get repierced to give you the largest canvas to work with.

I was reading a thread on another board about someone who is having exactly this done. Her ears look pretty good after having her piercings cut and stitched. If you decide to go that route, research carefully and find a reputable mod artist who has experience doing that kind of work.

If you do decide to start stretching, you can try a more extreme measure to thicken your lobes. No promises of miracles, but you may see some really noteworthy results. Stretch your ears to a decent size, like 0g, SLOWLY, and leave them there for several months, then downsize as far as you can stand. Think 8g or so. Leave your ears there for several months (think 6+ months) and then slowly stretch back up again.

You can repeat this cycle for years (as I have heard of some doing) and you should notice some thickening which will probably be better than you could do with massage alone.

Also, you could stretch to a reasonable goal, like 0g, once again, slowly, and then let it heal. On e your fistula has gone through a reasonable amount of remodeling, sleep with your jewelry out. I have seen some very good results with this method and it is the method I prefer for myself. Bear in mind, you may not see as drastic results, but it is also less stressful on your ears.

Either way, with this kind of action, if you have good results you are also almost guaranteed to end up with a permanent modification, so you should consider these more drastic measures carefully before you do them.

In the end, I think you could have big, beautiful lobes, but perhaps not monstrous. ; ) The key will be to take it nice and slow. Allow for lots of healing. Do anything you can to encourage healthy blood flow and enjoy the journey.

Good luck!
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by thelauren » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:58 am

mm, looking like the best bet is to talk to a professional, which I shall do :) thank you so much for your advice!!
I'm a noob. Don't judge :)
thelauren

Return to New To Stretching