Not quite sure what to do....

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by kilgannon7 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:43 am

So I have a bit of a problem. I'm trying to make the move from 8g to 6g. Now, the right one went in with the taper without a problem. The normal pressure and little pain. But my left seems to be... tight. I get the taper in about 3/4s of the way in, and then it won't go anymore. Like I said, tight. I used Vitamin E oil on it and everything. And I've had the 8g's in for almost 4 months. I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions or advice? Anything would be much appreciated. Thanks!
kilgannon7

by ast.riske » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:56 pm

First the mantra: stretching should not hurt. If you are used to it hurting then you may have rushed your previous stretches. If you haven't already, I would downsize the ear you stretched and give it a couple weeks to heal. After that, you could try the taping method instead. It allows you to stretch your ears in small increments.

First things, buy a roll of ptfe tape (aka Teflon tape or plumbers tape). Put a couple wraps on your 8g plugs, lube them up really well and then pop the new, slightly thicker plugs in. Give your ears 2 days to a week and then add a couple more wraps. Continue doing this until you reach 6g.

Be sure to have a pair of calipers on hand so you can measure the thickness of your plugs as you wrap them. Avoid over stretching. Once you reach your new size, rest your ears for the standard time, at least 6 to 8 weeks. : )

Best of luck to you!
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

Return to New To Stretching