Should I downsize ??

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Svart » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi everyone,

On tueday, I went to my local piercer to get both lobes stretched. I went from a standard body piercing size to a 2.4 mm.

It was a bit painful, but very bearable, and the guy said there was no bleeding.
My ears were hot for maybe an hour or two, and a bit uncomfortable, but not painful. After that, the pain subsided, and that night I slept like a baby lol.
Woke up, no pain, no redness, no soreness. But while cleaning them for the first time, I noticed a thin black crust around the ring ! BLOOD ! I thought, "oh sh**`!" because everything i read so far sais to downsize immediately if there is any bleeding... I have the impression I might have a tiny microtear in my left ear, but there is no inflammation, and seems to be no particular problem.
Do you think I should downsize ???

Thanks everyone !!
Svart

by magalo le matelot » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:17 pm

At this size you can downsize but you can let them heal like this as well...
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by Tom » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:31 am

So you went 14g to 10g?

How do they feel?

I wouldn't down size, your lobes are trying to heal them selfs.. blood & pus may be involved. Give it a few more days and im sure they will be fine
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by Svart » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:34 pm

Thank you for your answers !!

Yeah I basically went from 14 to 10.
I see there is a tiny rip i think, but they feel and look fine. No pain, no pus, no blood and they are not really crusty.
Svart

by corazon_de_oro » Mon May 03, 2010 2:16 am

If you get any tearing, blood, or pain you should downsize because your lobes weren't ready to stretch. Skipping sizes is always a terrible idea, too. If I were you I'd go back to your previous size, wait about 6 weeks, and go to the next size up (not 2.4mm/10G).
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching