HELP! Just started stretching and....

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by abriln » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:20 am

Ok, so I've had my ears pierced since I was a baby, and I've hear that for the first stretch it's not a big deal to skip a size. My regular holes were 18s, so I was gonna start with some captive bead rings. I got a pair of 16s and a pair of 14s. Long story short, I lost the 16s down the sink, so I decided to try with the 14s. I ended up going to a tattoo place, got some horse shoes and actually had them put them in with tapers. that was last night. They told me not to take them out for a day or two. I doesn't hurt anymore, but my left ear, which has always been more sensitive than the right one is tender. and I've been moving the earrings around to make sure the flesh doesn't heal over them, or if any liquid comes out it doesn't crust over them or whatever. but I think my left ear might have bled a little? I wanna take them out for the night and give my ears a break but I'm afraid it will close back up. should I wait a little longer? should I have gone with 16s?
Please answer soon :(
abriln

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:37 am

Honestly, the best thing for you to do would be to go back to 18G, then start with 16G. Your ears weren't ready to go up to 14G.

Also, don't move or twist the jewelry in your ears at all. This is a misconception; it's actually better to leave jewelry in stretched ears (and and other piercings) alone.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching