Advice needed before buying my kit

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by GraveOrchid » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:25 am

Hey guys. I'm obviously a total newb to this entire stretching ordeal. I've done my research, though. I have aftercare pages bookmarked on my phone and web browser, I know which material not to use and what to do and not to do and all that metal, but I have hit a roadblock. Okay, thing is, when I initially got my ears pierced four-five years ago, I got them pierced at a general retail store with a piercing gun. I read that typically they use 20 to 18G needles for the piercings. I have a stainless steel taper kit I am prepared to order to help me reach all the way up to a 00G size in the distant future, but the smallest pair of tapers is 14G. I'm pretty sure my current size if 18G. I need 16G for the next step. So, basically, my question is -even though I know it's taboo to skip sizes- would jumping from an 18G to 14G, to put it bluntly, fuck me over? Or would this be an okay thing to do? I can't find a tapering kit with 16G tapers at all.
GraveOrchid

by SAmTiNN21 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:08 am

u could always try the 14 and if it hurts at all then go buy a 16 taper
what up world.. the name is sam
i have 2 g lobes.. on my way to 2 or 0..
i love tattoos have 15. used to have the
tounge peirced took it out..
SAmTiNN21

by ViolentJayne » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:35 am

you could just buy a 16 ga cbr or horseshoe bar and dead stretch with some lube . since you have had them pierced so long Im betting the 16 will dead stretch just fine .. Id recommend that before skipping
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by SusiMarie » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:38 pm

my ears were pierced for about 5 years before i sarted, but i wear heavy earrings in standard size, but i went to 14g cbrs {i lost the balls to them} but i was fine. idk i might ot listen to me though my ears have had some issues.
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
right nostril piercing 20g
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by illusionaria » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:20 pm

I would recommend going to Walmart, and just buying a nice little pair of 16g jewelry. It will stretch just fine! Definitely do that before stretching to a 14g!
Ears: 4g
Goal: 1/2"

Want:
Left Nostril
Right Tragus
Left Helix (x2)
Right Helix
Navel
Tongue
illusionaria

by ast.riske » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:57 am

I agree with dead stretching over skipping sizes. 18g to 16g is a pretty small jump and, since your ears have been pierced for a few years now, they should have loosened up enough for a 16g ring to go in without trouble. Definitely get cbrs though. All of the threaded stuff at 16g is externally threaded from what I've seen. A captive bead ring won't have any sharp bits to scratch you.

Best of luck!
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by GraveOrchid » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:31 pm

All right, I'll go buy some 16g earrings, then. Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it. I appreciate the art of stretching as a whole and want to do it correctly. :)
GraveOrchid

Return to New To Stretching