6G piercing vs Stretching

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by GabrielC » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:51 am

Hello everyone,

Let me start off by saying that I am glad I found this community and I hope you'll be able to help me out with some advice.

Currently I have my ears pierced and I have worn regular earing for around 7-8 years. I'm not sure of the actual size of the holes but I estimate around 16-14G. In the past year I haven't worn the earings that much but the holes haven't sealed.

My plan is to have flesh tunnels size 2G. I have done a fair deal of research and I am quite aware of what the various methods are. I am just not sure which route to take. I was thinking either to go to a tattoo/piercing salon and get 6G piercings (over my existing holes), put in a 6G flesh tunnel and wait around 6 months until it heals before stretching it to 4G and after another couple of months stretch it to 2G. The other option would be to slowly stretch my way from 14-16G to 2G.

The first option seems more attractive as it is faster, but I'm not sure if it is the safest way to go.

What do you think?

Also, if I choose to stretch straight away what should be the first size I should go for? Should I start with a 12G taper? Would that work for my "regular" sized holes?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
GabrielC

by Corylikestogauge » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Well if I were you I would go with the less painful way, which is just stretching with tapers. 14g to a 00g are perfect sizes for tapers/pincher (I recommend tapers over pinchers). But yeah, go pick up some 12/14g tapers and go for it! Just wait around 1-2 weeks for each stretch, longer if your ears are slow healers, and you should get there! goodluck.(:
Piercings:
5/8 taping method ears.
Lip ring 16g.

Tattoos:
Shoulder piece.

Goals:
Ear size, 1".
Corylikestogauge

by ast.riske » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:12 pm

I disagree with Cory. If you have a standard piercing, get the next size up, 16g, and stretch to that. Skipping sizes is a bad idea.

That said, getting pierced at 6g will probably land you at a 4g as piercers typically stretch the hole at larger sizes to limit bleeding. At that point, you should definitely roll forward with your plan of waiting 6 months before stretching more. : )

Getting repierced is not really any more painful than your initial piercing. Also, If your piercings were gunned and you aren't perfectly happy with the placement, repiercing will help correct any placement issues.

In the end, though, it's up to you as far as which is more important to you, starting at a bigger size or the journey to get there.

Either way, once you start stretching, you'll want to take it nice and slow. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:45 pm

It's really just up to you. If you get pierced at 6G, that'll only be two stretches for you to do to reach your goal size but you'll have to wait six months or so to begin stretching after the piercing. The whole process would probably take you about 10 months or so. If you stretch one size at a time, that's seven stretches, and you could start right away but it would still take you about a year or more. Also, it would be more expensive buying small plugs/tapers in all those sizes than just getting the piercings.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Corylikestogauge wrote:Just wait around 1-2 weeks for each stretch

Do not listen to this... you need about 6-8 weeks between each size, even smaller ones. And with a fresh piercing it will need about six MONTHS to fully heal and settle enough to be stretched.

It's not just about "oh, my ears are healed, time to shove another size in there." You have to wait until your lobes can accomodate a new size with no pain or resistance.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Corylikestogauge » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Once again you left out the part where I said, but if your a slow healer, than wait longer. I waited 2 weeks on my small ones and my ears are great.
Piercings:
5/8 taping method ears.
Lip ring 16g.

Tattoos:
Shoulder piece.

Goals:
Ear size, 1".
Corylikestogauge

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:02 pm

You had a blowout/scar tissue/whatever... that could've been avoided if you'd gone slower.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by Corylikestogauge » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:09 pm

Correction, I had a blowout, from shit jewelry, it grabbed my ear and ripped it. It wasn't how fast I was going.
Piercings:
5/8 taping method ears.
Lip ring 16g.

Tattoos:
Shoulder piece.

Goals:
Ear size, 1".
Corylikestogauge

by ast.riske » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:33 am

Jewelry quality never impacts blowouts. It does impact other things like infection and irritation, but if it grabbed your ear, you would have tearing, not a blowout. No matter. Going slower never hurt anyone.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by Corylikestogauge » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:12 am

You got me there (: yeah rip mybad,
Piercings: