Would it be bad...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by trey3993 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:37 am

Would it be bad to pierce my ear lobe using a 10g needle?
trey3993

by ViolentJayne » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:34 am

no not at all . I am pretty sure there are even a few people on here that got pierced at an 8 ga . just make sure you let it heal for at least 6-8 months before you begin stretching
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:33 pm

As long as you have it done by an experienced, professional piercer, it's a great idea. I highly recommend being pierced at 10G-8G if you're planning on stretching, because you can already wear plugs/tunnels and you don't have to worry about tiny sizes.

I got pierced at 10G. They healed just like any other lobe piercings and I stretched them after six months.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by trey3993 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:25 pm

If I got it pierced with a 10g would it still close up like normal?
trey3993

by ast.riske » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:23 pm

trey3993 wrote:If I got it pierced with a 10g would it still close up like normal?

It's hard to say what will happen if you decide to retire your lobes. It's generally said that your ears won't close up any smaller than the size you had them pierced. That said, some people have their piercings close completely after stretching fairly large from a larger gauge piercing. In the end, there are no guarantees in any permanent modification.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Yeah, if you're not totally comfortable with the possibility of them not closing up, you probably shouldn't stretch just yet. Even if you keep them small there's no guarantee they'll shrink.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by saply » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Honestly you can take every precaution on the planet only to still never quite have your ears close up. Ear stretching is like a tattoo; it's probably smart to consider them a part of your appearance for life. If that concerns you at all, well, then just don't do it, and get those fake plugs on regular earring posts.

That said, the hollow needle is a far superior option to a piercing gun because you can start out with plugs or tunnels like corazon said, plus you don't need to worry about blunt force trauma to your ear lobe or other nasty side effects. Or did you mean a 10g needle versus, say... an 18g needle? It'd probably save you money and time to go with the 10g since you don't need to buy all of the smaller sizes.
saply

Return to New To Stretching