When to take tapers out for tunnels/plugs

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Will He Is » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:24 am

Ok, so I am going to start stretching my ears soon, and have heard that I should never use tapers as jewellery, since it can make my ear heal unevenly or something like that. Now that I know to get some tunnels or plugs (I'm going with tunnels) I was just wondering how far into each stretch I should put them in. Is it OK to just go right ahead and put them in, only a minute or 2 after the taper? Or should I wait a day, a week, I don't know. I'm just not sure if putting them in straight away will do any damage and I wanted to make absolutely certain I'm taking the safest route. Thanks a lot for any help guys =D

(Also, my tapers are surgical steel and the tunnels titanium, in case that's important)
Will He Is

by ViolentJayne » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:10 am

you just put the tunnels right in like instantly just lube the taper and insert it fallowed directly with the plug . butt the plug up against the end of the taper and slide it thru in one motion
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Will He Is » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:17 am

ViolentJayne wrote:you just put the tunnels right in like instantly just lube the taper and insert it fallowed directly with the plug . butt the plug up against the end of the taper and slide it thru in one motion

All right cool, sounds easy enough. Thanks
Will He Is

by Big Chicken » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Will He Is wrote:
ViolentJayne wrote:you just put the tunnels right in like instantly just lube the taper and insert it fallowed directly with the plug . butt the plug up against the end of the taper and slide it thru in one motion

All right cool, sounds easy enough. Thanks

Good luck!!
Big Chicken

by Corylikestogauge » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Typically you wanna wait to put anything in when you do a stretch. But if you want to go ahead. But the thing is. I had the most terrible blowout when I tried to put a tunnel in right away. Cheers!
Piercings:
5/8 taping method ears.
Lip ring 16g.

Tattoos:
Shoulder piece.

Goals:
Ear size, 1".
Corylikestogauge

by ast.riske » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Corylikestogauge wrote:Typically you wanna wait to put anything in when you do a stretch. But if you want to go ahead. But the thing is. I had the most terrible blowout when I tried to put a tunnel in right away. Cheers!

Typically blowouts are the result of stretching too fast. I stretched my septum with a no-flare tunnel, after taping up using another nf tunnel. No issues to speak of for doing a full mm stretch. Were you trying to insert a double flare tunnel? That would effectively mean you were trying to stretch up one more even gauge. That can lead to blowouts and tearing like nothing else.

@OP if you are using a tunnel, be sure it's single flare or no flare so you don't end up over stretching. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by ortiz_2010 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:34 am

I would wait atleast an hour before putting in any plugs and make sure there no flare because you'd be stretching up a size and cause damage.
ortiz_2010

by ast.riske » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:34 pm

I don't agree. With a new stretch, you don't want the extra downward pressure for longer than you need to have it. Get the tapers in and out, following them with plugs to give you nice, even pressure as the stretch heals. I do agree that you should use single flare or no flare plugs. They will follow the taper correctly without stretching any further. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

Return to New To Stretching