Tight hole :P

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Edo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:53 pm

Hello new here and first time poster
(Sorry about the spelling Danish/Bosnian guy here)

So about 3 months ago i decidedto stretch my ears.. i had a hole in my left ear, but last time i had jewlery in it was about 15 years ago.. So 3 months ago i got my right ear pierced, and did the other one myself with the same jewlery they used.. Only the skin on the back had closed up.. so two months later i did my first stretch, didnt hurt, didnt bleed all was good..
Yestoprday i dod another stretch 14g to 12g.. All was good again it was just like first time, there was the same pinch and warmth for about 15 min.. And all was good, BUT when i got up today i wanted to twist them a little.. Right one was easy to twist no resistance.. The right one on the other hand was inpussible to twis, it felt like it was glewed..

When i got home from work today i decided to clean it, take the taper out and reoil it and put it back in.. but there was a werry small amount a blood when it came out, it was werry light red so it was more white then red blood cells..

So what i want to ask you is, what should i do? At the moment i have a 14g in my left and 12 in my rigth.. Should i out in the 12 and let it heal up.. Or stay with the 12?? And how long will it need to heal up (i know not all ppl are the same)??

Another thing is i am wearing tapers (surgical steel).. Reason is that i bought a kit 14-00 but only has plugs from 12-00.. Is this a problem?? Personaly i dont mind wearing them, they dont iritate me in every day stuff and are light so my ear is not deformed while wearing them..

If this healing part taks to long time is going to take long time i just migh buy pinchers just to have something smaller..
And to this there is a question to.. I would love to have them in black.. So my question is can i wear acrylic pinchers?? i will go back to surgical steel single flared plugs grom 12-00.. At 00 i want to go with bone, wood and stone plugs..

Hope you huys can help me with this..
Thanks a lot up front..
Edo

by ViolentJayne » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:09 pm

you probably just stretched a lil to soon you should always wait at least 6 weeks between stretches and preferably longer . downsize back to 14 and let it rest do sea salt soaks everyday and wait at least another month before you try again ..

as for the pinchers I dont think they are to bad in small stretches but dont use then after 8 ga .. as for back thats acrylic and is fine in healed stretches but not in a fresh stretch .. i would advise for each size you go up to purchase at least 1 or 2 additional plugs in that size this way you will have a bit of veriety in that size wich will encourage you to stay at that size for the proper amount of healing time ...

do not twist the jewelry . its a myth . leaving it alone for the first week is best ( and do sea salt soaks )then after a week if you can remove the plug with no pain then its time to start a cleaning routine .. remove your plug for a few min in the shower wash your ears and the plugs with a gentle soap and then lube you plugs with your vit e oil and reinsert them

as for tapers they are a tool meant to expand your hole so you can get the plug they shouldnt be worn long term but at 14 its not to horrible so you should be ok this once . but the larger you go the more dangerous tapers become they are uneven and can cause the front of your hole to heal larger and the back to heal smaller and when you try to put a plug in it may not come thru the back ...plus they move around and get snagged and can cause irritation

here is an explaination of why you need to take alot of time between stretches

from Pauly Unstoppable himself . trust this guy he knows about stretching !
The general reasoning behind why you should wait a minimum of a month or so to stretch all boils down to collagen and skin elasticity. Sort of long story short when you stretch your ears you are stretching out the spaces between the collagen molecules of your ear skin, your body needs time to fill back in those gaps with more collagen, when you rush and stretch before your ear has had a chance to replace those molecules you then make the gaps bigger, in turn making the areas weaker and thinner, this is what causes thin spots and weak spots, that’s why it’s imperative you do not stretch faster than your ears want you to go, and you don’t skip sizes. In the same respect when you skip sizes you are stretching those spaces out so far it takes the body wayyy longer to fill them in and sometimes just can’t at all, which is again where you get thin spots.

oh also bone and wood plugs are great in a healed stretch but the only organic thats safe to wear in a fresh stretch is glass
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Edo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:41 pm

I will keep the left ear downsized @ 14g and will order 1x14g and 2x12 surgical steel expanders..
    http://www.cazzoo.dk/tap15-kirurgisk-staal-tapers-expanders-p-1611.html

they are rounded and look confortable to wear.. And also the onlky ones i could find in Denmark so i dont have to wat for shipping a few weeks.. so they should have to do..

I dont think i need more then one plug (i like the single flared tunnels i got with my kit) and after this incident i wont have a need to stretch fast.. cause if this has set me back a month or two then it itsnt worth it.. but i didnt think i was rushing it..

i would like a comment on the expanders i found on cazzoo
Edo

by ViolentJayne » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Edo wrote:I will keep the left ear downsized @ 14g and will order 1x14g and 2x12 surgical steel expanders..
    http://www.cazzoo.dk/tap15-kirurgisk-staal-tapers-expanders-p-1611.html

they are rounded and look confortable to wear.. And also the onlky ones i could find in Denmark so i dont have to wat for shipping a few weeks.. so they should have to do..

I dont think i need more then one plug (i like the single flared tunnels i got with my kit) and after this incident i wont have a need to stretch fast.. cause if this has set me back a month or two then it itsnt worth it.. but i didnt think i was rushing it..

i would like a comment on the expanders i found on cazzoo

those look like they will be ok for the smaller sizes but like I said using things like that isnt good after 8 ga ( because they get heavy ).. but to be honest Ive always stretched with spirals ( I am not advising everyone to do this ) but it has worked out well for me and the crossover expanders you linked are similar to spirals so I think youll be ok ...
whats your final goal size ? I know you shouldnt use tapers after oga ... there is alot of advise around these forums on that
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Edo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:07 pm

like i said in the first post i have plugs from 12g all the way to 00g all plugs in surgical steel..

When it comes to size i think 00 is the end of the road for me.. Reason is i want to be able to regret ( REGRET says the guy with full sleves) it later on and not have to get it sown up.. A guy from work had 00 and his ears went back to 12g in 14 days.. But i am a big fan of 1 inch.. Thats the perfect size if you ask me..

for the last few stretches i will use teflon tape on my steel tunnels..

EDIT:

ViolentJayne thank you werry much for the good and quick reply.. Big thanks from Denmark..
Edo

Return to New To Stretching