just started stretching

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by aidyb21 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:40 pm

hi everyone, so ive just started to stretch my ears with a 2mm taper. when sould i look to increase in size and also at what size should i start to look for jewelry instead of keeping my taper in?

all help and advice is much appreciated.
new too stretching, looking forward to going bigger, 16mm is my goal size.

tonge piercing soon!!
aidyb21

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:54 pm

If you started from a common 0.8-1mm/20G-18G piercing, you skipped a few sizes. Some people who've had their ears pierced for a very long time can skip a couple if their ears have stretched on their own, but if you had any pain or had to force it through you should really just take it out, start over, and go one size at a time.

You need to be waiting about 6-8 weeks between each size, or until you can put in the next size without pain or a lot of resistance. Stretching should never hurt. Also, tapers are never meant to be worn as jewelry at any size; you should ALWAYS get a pair of single-flare/no-flare plugs, or labrets/barbells at smaller sizes. And make sure they're steel, titanium, or glass. Never stretch with acrylic or silicone.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by aidyb21 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:01 am

thanks for the advice, i didnt really feel any pain at all and i will buy some jewelry first thing tomorrow

tonge piercing soon!!
aidyb21

by aidyb21 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:27 pm

ok so my ear was sore this morning so im going to let it heal and start smaller im so glad i found this site as all the tips and info are dead helpful

tonge piercing soon!!
aidyb21

by Corylikestogauge » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

I suggest starting to use the taping method if your going past 00g. And then buy jewelry that you wanna stop at, or take a break.
Piercings:
5/8 taping method ears.
Lip ring 16g.

Tattoos:
Shoulder piece.

Goals:
Ear size, 1".
Corylikestogauge

by ast.riske » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:27 pm

Just constantly taping isn't a good idea. Also, taping at such small sizes is almost impossible to do. If she is going to stretch, she needs to ensure she stops at the right places to let her ears heal up. Buying jewelry at each even gauge is also a good way to feel accomplished. It makes things feel like you've made a step toward your goal. It's rewarding.

Aidy: you're on the right track by listening to your body and downsizing again if things don't feel right. If you keep going, you're bound for healthy lobes. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by aidyb21 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:45 pm

thanks for the help everyone and for future referance im a male :), and what i meant about buying some jewelry was that everyone says that you shouldnt keep tapers in but obviously i need something in there dont I? and another question, how long should i wait until i start too stretch again? I was thinking around four weeks as there was no bleeding just some redness and a bit more pain than i think there should have been probably because i started slightly too big.

tonge piercing soon!!
aidyb21

by ast.riske » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Many apologies. I had a 50/50 shot and I totally missed. Noted for the future. ; ) Also, yes, you should definitely buy plugs to follow your taper. My response was more about the taping comment that was made. Lol
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by aidyb21 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:03 pm

yeah i thought it was, so how long should i leave the taper in or is it literally a case of straight in and out and replace with a plug immediately?

tonge piercing soon!!
aidyb21

by ast.riske » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:18 pm

The taper is simply a tool to help you guide the new jewelry in. Once you have the taper in, simply set the plug flush against the back of the taper, and push the plug through allowing the taper to glide out. Replacing the taper with the jewelry should basically be one smooth motion.

Short answer, the taper shouldn't be in for much time at all. Just long enough to line up the plug. : )
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

Next

Return to New To Stretching