How do I know when to stop stretching?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by RiriJade » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi!

Hopefully you guys can help me! How do you know when to stop stretching your ears to bigger sizes? Are there tell-tale signs?
RiriJade

by ast.riske » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:44 pm

If you are asking about time between stretches, you will know because you won't need to force the jewelry, and it doesn't hurt between stretches. It seems to be a consensus on here that waiting a month or more per millimeter is a good minimum. There is nothing wrong with waiting longer.

If, on the other hand, you are asking if there is a maximum size you can reach, the answer is unclear. Nobody seems to have hit a hard limit and there are some people out there with ears stretched to unbelievable sizes. But to get there, they took it nice and slow.

I would recommend always being mindful of what your body is telling you. If it hurts, stop. If you think your lobes are thinning, downsize for a while and then restretch. If your lobes are angry, swollen, purple etc. downsize and identify the cause.

If you are ever in doubt, see your piercer. If you don't have a professional piercer you go to and trust, do some research and find one. It is invaluable to have a professional, skilled, reputable piercer in your corner. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

Return to New To Stretching