Starting off, question.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by jabberwocky677 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:47 am

Decided to stretch my lobes so I bought a set of stainless steel tapers and single-flare tunnels. My ears have been pierced for 20+ years so I was able to get the 14g tapers through with no problem. For my left ear the 10g taper was the first to really cause any sort of "stretch" so I gradually worked the taper through over the course of an evening and then put in the tunnel. By the next day it was no longer sore and seems to be healing just fine. For my right ear, the 12g taper was clearly causing a stretch, so once again I took my time getting it through. The problem is, the set I got only had tunnels from sizes 10g on. Since there's no way for me to hold the stretch, every day I'm having to wear the taper (which I know you're not supposed to). I've been doing this for a week and every day putting it through is a little painful but subsides shortly after.
Basically I'm just wondering when it would be alright to stretch to a 10g because I am very eager to get the tunnels in so I can stop messing with it and let it heal. Everything I've read on stretching says it shouldn't be painful, but it still hurts when I try to put the 10g taper through. So I don't really know how to proceed from here, I know I shouldn't force it but it seems ridiculous to have to buy 12g tunnels. Sorry this is sort of long-winded, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
jabberwocky677

by ViolentJayne » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:47 pm

I think you are a bit confusd you shouldnt be taking the corse of a day to work a taper in . when people say go slow we mean take weeks or months between stretches not work the tape in slow .. you are causing more damage .. if the taper does not go straight in with no pain an minimal resistance then your ear wasnt ready this should take only min , like 2 min .. Id just get 12 ga cbr and wear them in both ears for a few months then continue with 6-8 weeks minimum between stretches lots of sea salt soaks and lots of oil massages and lube
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Return to New To Stretching