Did I jeapordize my stretching experience?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by swampwhompa » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:04 am

Hello everybody, this is my first post :)
I started stretching about 4 months ago, from 18g. I skipped no sizes between then and now. going to 14g and then 12g was really really easy. But when I went to 10g, I noticed that the stretch was really really tight, it didn't really stretch, the skin kinda clung to the taper. I left the taper in, hoping it would soothe out, but stupid me, I took the taper out and put it back i repeatedly throughout the day. The next morning (today), I took the taper out, and it started bleeding and it was sore as hell. Have I screwed up my ear stretching process?
swampwhompa

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:34 pm

If you just started four months ago you might be going just a little too fast. Also, sounds like you irritated your ear putting in/taking out the taper so much. Plus, tapers shouldn't be worn as jewelry, and acrylic shouldn't be worn in fresh stretches. Get some single-flare steel, glass, or titanium plugs and leave them in for at least 8 weeks to give your ears plenty of time to heal. Also, don't be messing with them; no twisting/moving the jewelry or taking it in and out.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by swampwhompa » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:08 pm

I had steel tapers and jewelry for my last few stretches and they all did fine, even the stretch to ten was fine, but stupid me, I accidentally bought double flares. I didn't try to put them in, so I used the taper... like a dumbass. I don't think it'll be that jeapordizing now, because a lot of the pain has gone, but yeah, I'll def. get myself some single flares here soon :)
swampwhompa

by ViolentJayne » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:42 pm

the tapers were ok in smaller sizes but the bigger you get the tapers get heavier and make the lobes heal uneven .. you shouldn wear them as jewelry just as a tool .. also did you use lube ? I can not stress enough the importance of lots of lube .. I ask because you said the skin stuck to the taper .. lube will help
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by swampwhompa » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:08 pm

Yeah, no lube on that stretch :/
I bought some KY today, will that be good with stretching?
swampwhompa

by LucyFord » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:33 pm

KY will be fine. Most people recommend water-based lubricants anyway.
Ka-chow.
LucyFord

by swampwhompa » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:53 pm

Okay, just making sure :)
I'll definitely wait a week or so more and get myself some single flares before stretching it again, seeing as it feels tons better.
swampwhompa

by ast.riske » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:47 pm

If your ear or ears were bleeding, give them a good month before stretching so they have a chance to heal completely. The tissue in your fistula heals from the outside in, so your lobes may look and feel healed before they actually are. Patience is key. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by Kevin Strength » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:41 am

Slow down,let your ears stretch slowly I did and my ears are nice and dont look all deformed like many peoples do.If you want good advice listen to the members with bigger sizes and such.Wait two or three months to stretch.Took me about 2 years to get to a 7/8ths..
Piercings:septum 12g,ear lobes 7/8ths
Tattoo(s):star
Want:industrial,nose piercing,skeleton butcher tattoo.
Kevin Strength

Return to New To Stretching