GONNA STRETCH!!!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by idisownyou » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:18 am

i decided i really wanna stretch my ears. But the thing is, i havnt even pierced my ears yet. I'm really anxious to do so though. i always do lots of research on things before i do things so this is part of my research. I'm just looking for a few tips and som answers to a few questions.what is a good size to get them pierced at if you are going to stretch? why should i wait for it to heal completely to stretch? are tapers really as bad as everyone says they are for your ears? whats so bad about stretching with silicone? that is all for now. answers would be greatly appreciated. THNX :D
idisownyou

by soundandfury » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:54 am

well im not sure whats a good size to get them pierced at, maybe ask your piercer.
If you dont wait til your ears are healed they will look damaged, most people call it "catt butt" cause it forms scare tissue that wrinkle on the inside of your ear. This scare tissue will be more difficult to with as it loses elasticity. I didnt think tapers were that bad either so i wore steel ones, as it turned out the weight of the tapers sits on the bottom back of your ears and causes the bottom of your ears to strech more quickly then the top. I had to down size so my ear didnt look slightly deformed. Make sure to sea salt soak your ears after a strech, wait as much time as needed, you should NEVER feel pain, use lube like Vitamin e oil, dont sleep with your tapers or plugs in, its is beneficial to massage your lobes daily, you want your ears very healthy.
Yeah.
*** Oh yeah, and silicone is bad because your new skin Might heal to the sillicone, but thats only what I've heard. Seems logical though.
soundandfury

by idisownyou » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:48 pm

thnx for the info. it helped me out a lot. :D
idisownyou

by ast.riske » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:56 pm

Soundandfury is right, stretching before your ears are healed can cause cat butt, it can also cause other issues like infections, tearing and blowouts. Waiting 5-6 months before your first stretch is as much a safety thing as it is an aesthetic thing. Letting your ears heal completely before you stretch will ensure you don't have a large number of issues.

@Soundandfury: sing it about the tapers! Stretching is about modification not disfigurement. If you fin it beautiful, you did it right. If you find it ugly and disappointing, you disfigured yourself.

Finally, silicone is porous. Not only can healing tissue fuse to it, but it also harbors bacteria and cannot be thoroughly sanitized. The same is true for acrylic and organics. These materials are only safe for healing piercings. You'd be mighty disappointed if you worked so hard to stretch your lobes, only to have them get infected and set you back, or do permanent damage.

Finally, slow and steady will win it for you. Just remember that your goal should be beautification. It's not a competition. There will always be someone out there with bigger lobes than you. It took them a very long time to get there and it was worth every second of the journey. : )

Best of luck!
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:28 am

Don't be too anxious! Patience is the most important part of stretching!
I would suggest getting pierced somewhere between 10G and 6G. I got pierced at 10G and that was a nice size for me. It wasn't too hard to wait 6 months before my first stretch, since I already could wear plugs and other jewelry for stretched lobes. It's VERY important to wait 5-6 months after a piercing to begin stretching; you don't just need to wait until it's healed, you also have to wait until it's strong enough to be stretched. After the initial healing time is over (for lobes it's about 12 weeks), that's when it's okay to CHANGE the jewelry, not stretch. Stretching should never be painful, so if your first stretch hurts, stop and wait longer.

Make sure you go to a GOOD, experienced piercer, and it's best not to ask them for stretching advice. A lot of piercers know next to nothing about stretching safely; you're better off learning from what people say on here. So if they say something like "if you come back in two weeks we'll stretch them for you!" DECLINE THEIR OFFER!

And definitely listen to what the others said about tapers and silicone. Good luck! :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching