Where to buy 16g-00g?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Visionist » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:43 pm

Where online can I buy tapers and plugs from 16g to 00g? I will be getting my ears pierced in the next few weeks and I would like to have the tapers and plugs for 16g ready for when my ears heal(and so on down through the gauges)
Visionist

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:59 pm

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 9&index=18

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 1&index=15

If your ears aren't pierced yet, why not just get them done at a larger gauge like 10G-8G, or at least 14G? I hope you're not planning on having them done with a gun... Also, make sure you wait around 6 months after the initial piercing to begin stretching. It's not enough for your lobes just to be healed, they need to be ready to stretch.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Visionist » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:33 am

I will be getting my ears done at a tattoo shop with sterile needles, I've read up on the dangers of guns already. I'm not sure if they have larger gauged needles, I will have to check. I have read everywhere else that you only need to wait 1-2 months from getting your ears pierced(Unless you get a larger gauge done, then 6+ months).
Visionist

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:17 am

Your lobes won't even be HEALED in that time, large gauge or not. There is a difference between a piercing being healed enough to change the jewelry and being healed enough to stretch. The initial healing time of lobe piercings takes about 8 weeks, and it takes about 12 weeks for them to be fully healed. After that, they still won't be strong enough to stretch safely. If you insist on not waiting six months, at least wait four or so.
Larger gauge lobes don't really take much longer than normal ones to heal. My 10G lobes were fully healed in about three months, and I'm a slooooow healer. I tried stretching at a little over five months and they weren't ready, so I waited six.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching