Stretching with cyst?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Visionist » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Inside my earlobe there is a tiny cyst, right around where a piercing would be done(It doesn't hurt nor is it swollen). I went to the doctors and he basically said that there is nothing he can do but it should be fine to get pierced. I'm wondering what you guys think about getting it pierced, and then assuming it doesn't get fucked, stretching.
Visionist

by xcanyonx » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:13 am

.. its a bad idea.. but get your ears dermal punched and the cyst will just come out with the chunk of skin
xcanyonx

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:13 am

a dermal punch isnt necessary. you should be fine to get them pierced with a normal needle. just make sure to tell your piercer about it so they dont hit it when they are piercing your ear. as you stretch your ears the cyst should just sort of hangout in your ear (im assuming its not causing you problems now) and shouldnt affect your stretchig. a dermal punch may not take out the cyst, but does take out more healthy tissue that you may need to have thicker lobes at bigger sizes.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by Visionist » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Yeah it currently isn't causing any problems so I would assume it would just move to the side.
Visionist

by psychonaut » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:21 pm

I actually just got pierced with a 6g needle about a week ago and the piercer stretched to a 4g tunnel right away. In my right ear I had a small cyst that I was worried about. Anyway, the piercing began, and once it was over she said that the right ear was a little tougher to pierce (probably because of the cyst) there was also a little bit of bleeding with that ear and none with my other ear. But so far I haven't had any complications with either ear. The only thing I've noticed is that my right ear is significantly more itchy than my left ear.

Honestly depending on what size you're getting done the cyst will probably just make the initial piercing hurt a tad more, but that's just because the piercer has to use more force to get the needle through, you'll probably be fine. I'm one of those people who got cysts in there ears all the time (annoying as hell) but it shouldn't cause any complications.
fresh 4g piercing
psychonaut

by psychonaut » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Also, maybe try massaging the ear before right before you get it pierced to help loosen up the tissue
fresh 4g piercing
psychonaut

by Visionist » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:01 am

Thanks guys, I'm going to see about a larger gauge needle to save me some time.
Visionist

Return to New To Stretching