First Piercing

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by psychonaut » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:10 am

Hey everyone, this is my first post. I've been lurking around these forums for a while but just today got my tunnels so decided to join. I went to Warrior piercing in New Hope today and ended up getting pierced with a 6g needle with 4g stainless steel tunnels. They went in super smooth (hurt like a m**** f****)with no bleeding at all, except for a tad on my right ear. They look awesome and I love them, my plan is to eventually reach 00g and I think I'll go as far as 1/2" but that's a ways off.

Anyways my ears are still hurting a little, and from what I've read this is normal for a couple of days. The piercer gave me a bar of soap and told me to use it twice a day, which I definitely plan on considering I'm a hypochondriac and any sign of infection will freak me out. She also said that if I get crusties that I should take a cue tip with a little bit of hydrogen peroxide and just clean of the jewelry/crusties.

I was just looking form some additional tips and information on keeping my fresh piercing clean. Any feedback would be awesome! Super stoked to have finally joined the community!
fresh 4g piercing
psychonaut

by chevymane » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:44 am

no peroxide!!! its kills bacteria but also kills the cells you actually need to heal your lobes...n resist the temptation to remove your plugs and gaze into that hole...its only going to prolong the healing and most importantly sea salt soaks i dont know the proper portion but it should never be saltier than your own tears...
currently 19mm 1st holes 4mm second holes 8mm septum

goal 25mm 1st holes 5mm second holes (maybe) 12mm septum
chevymane

by soundandfury » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:57 am

hes got it above:)
And maybe ill add that when theyre decently healed try and sit with them out and massage them with a oil of your choosing, i recommend vitamin E as i have experience with it, for circulation of blood.
soundandfury

by psychonaut » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:15 am

sounds good guys. I was also wondering if you guys could give me a heads up on what I should expects as far as sensations my ears will feel and visual swelling and what not. I'm not quite sure what i should be feeling?
fresh 4g piercing
psychonaut

by chevymane » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:18 am

damn how do i describe the feeling hmmmzzz...slight pain nothing to say wtf about...slight amount of swelling if any at all...if the pain lasts longer than a couple of days you werent ready and if the swelling gets worse day by day then u def werent ready
currently 19mm 1st holes 4mm second holes 8mm septum

goal 25mm 1st holes 5mm second holes (maybe) 12mm septum
chevymane

by psychonaut » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:57 am

Everything is looking really good right now. They don't hurt when I touch them while cleaning. I'm only having slight occasional throbbing, but it doesn't last long. Visually, swelling is minimal, and the holes aren't secreting any mystery fluids so I'd say everything is looking good so far.
fresh 4g piercing
psychonaut

Return to New To Stretching