Looking for somewhat of a definite answer

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by soundandfury » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:24 am

How long would you saw, personally, it takes for your ears to heal completly and can move up to the next size. I read from OneTribe that a month 1/2 will do and for larger size 2 months. I know after ones ears are different but i read a post that someone waited 4 months and had problems getting a size in!!! 4 months!!! I'm all for waiting *honey ;)* but that seems excessive
soundandfury

by ViolentJayne » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:46 pm

you might be talking about me . its been almost 4 months that Ive been at 6ga and Im about to go to 4 ga .. its not excessive.. I am just in no big rush and I wanted to enjoy the 6 ga jewelry that I had ...and I like my stretches to be pain free , the longer you wait you wont have to "stretch " it will be just like putting in different jewelry and your ears wont be damaged or sore after .. I could have stretched months ago I just didnt want to .. I think 6-8 weeks is a good minimum .. but the longer you wait at each size the stronger and thicker your lobes will be .....

and as far as my right ear I have some old scar tissue from oddly placed piercing when I was a little kid .. its an empty hole between my stretched hole and my upper hole .. so I I am extra carefull with that one and thats why I may end up tapeing IF the taper gives me trouble .....
everyone heals differently ... but in general the longer you wait the better

it seems like alot of people on here are in competition with others to see who can have the larges ears the fastest lol not in a race with anyone .. Im stretching for me
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:17 pm

6-8 weeks is an estimate/minimum, but really what you need to do is just wait until you can put in the next size with no pain or resistance. A person can't just say "okay, it's been six weeks" and force it in because their ears are supposed to be ready. Some sizes will take longer, it doesn't matter if they're large or small. I waited three months between 8G and 6G and it still wasn't really long enough.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Some of the men and ladies with best ears out there in the stretching community took a decade or more to stretch their ears. The people of various African and Asian tribes move up a size as a right of passage and stretch little by little over a lifetime.

Slow and steady ultimately wins the race =)
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by chevymane » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:47 am

everybody sounds like a robot lol but umerah most people say a month is the minimum i personally dont believe in any form of a set time frame...you and only you will truly know if your ears are ready for the next step...one good rule of thumb is if you tug on your plugs and see daylight then its just about time to move on up
currently 19mm 1st holes 4mm second holes 8mm septum

goal 25mm 1st holes 5mm second holes (maybe) 12mm septum
chevymane

by SassafrasChelsea » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:15 pm

for me, I'd say a month or 2...but I had a 2g for 5 months and I just recently put in the 0g...and no blowouts or anything! it went fairly easy...so I'd say the longer you wait, the better! especially going in the bigger sizes
Right ear: 0g, two 6gs on lobe; 2g on cartilage....
goal: 00 on lobe! perhaps a 0g on cartilage?

Left ear: 8g, two 14gs on lobe; 14g on cartilage
goal: 00 on lobe!
SassafrasChelsea

Return to New To Stretching