At 8 for three months, still hurts trying to put in 6g taper

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by xangela » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:58 pm

Title kind of says it all. I've been at 8 for a little over three months.

Edit: After reading through the forums I see that this is a fairly common problem. I'll try waiting another week or two.
Last edited by xangela on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
xangela

by BassPlayer95 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:01 am

Everyone's ears are different, it can take some ears longer to heal than others. I don't have experience, I'm just reciting info from people on the site.
I feel like such a noob, because I don't have any piercings or tatts.

Have: The standard 20g, pierced with a gun, lobes.

Want: A couple tatts, 7/16 lobes maybe a lip piercing or two.

P.S. I'm an avid Harry Potter freak.
BassPlayer95

by xangela » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:40 am

I got the 6g taper in but it had this terrible burning feeling so we're back to 8g and letting it rest for awhile.
xangela

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:02 am

8G-6G was a really hard stretch for me. I think I waited almost three months and honestly I probably should've waited another month. Are you using lube/oil and trying to stretch after a long, hot shower? Because that will help a ton if you're not doing it already.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by xangela » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:49 am

I have been, but I think I'll start wearing some of my non-plug jewelry and hoping it gets easier later this month.
xangela

by ViolentJayne » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:11 pm

like most people I had one ear stretch easier than the other after waiting about 3 months also .. so in my tough ear I wore a stainless steel spiral for a few more weeks the extra weight helped it loosen .. but Do not try this at larger sizes as I hear it can cause problems ... just a suggestion of what worked for me .. its not good to wear spirals in a fresh stretch but Id say after 3 months its probably ok .....and I wouldnt wear it long term either just maybe 2 weeks or so
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by SassafrasChelsea » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:00 am

the hardest stretch for me was the 4g to a 2g...for some reason, my ears bled so much on the first try (I waited about 2 and a half months)...I had to just downsize back to the 4g and I tried again in another month...hurt a little, but no problems :) I've heard that from 2g to a 0g is the hardest for most people but I also did that on my first try XD (however I had my 2g in for 5 months) no blowouts, not even a drip of blood :D I guess it depends what kind of ears you have
Right ear: 0g, two 6gs on lobe; 2g on cartilage....
goal: 00 on lobe! perhaps a 0g on cartilage?

Left ear: 8g, two 14gs on lobe; 14g on cartilage
goal: 00 on lobe!
SassafrasChelsea

Return to New To Stretching