Persuading a parent's view...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by greendaygal540 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:57 pm

What are some ways to convince my mother and dad to allow me to begin stretching? My mom's super religious and was pondering allowing me to get a second lobe piercing (she has 3 but the latest 2 she got in college) and my dad just thinks everything I do/wear makes me look like a slut (honestly, even capri pants make me look like one according to him xD.) I'm a relatively good kid; this year as a freshman I ended the year with a 3.9 and the semester with a 4.5 GPA. But in 7th grade I did a no-no and had someone at school pierce my helix, needless to say my parents found out a couple months later and they asked me if I wanted the other one done so it'd look even and I declined. Bottom line:I lost integrity points because of piercings in the past. Anyway, I've really studied up on stretching online and have asked around to friends that've stretched for advice. So how can I persuade my parents to allow me to stretch my ears? I really would like to stretch to a 0g or 00g. All advice is appreciated!
I have: 2g lobes, 14g right helix
I want: 00g lobes, 2 or 3 more lobe piercings, bridge piercing, tongue, nose, septum, monroe
greendaygal540

by newworldking » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:57 am

honestly I'd just do it. its your body and you have to live with it. or you could just wait till you move out. :|
N.W.K. Rise or Demise
newworldking

by greendaygal540 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:34 pm

I really wouldn't like to be dishonest, though. I'm already the 'bad' one of my extended family (mostly because I'm not a happy, bubbly, socialite like the rest of them xD.)If absolutely all reason fails with my parents, I might consider just doing it. But I would like to attempt to persuade them to allow me begin ear stretching lol
I want: 00g lobes, 2 or 3 more lobe piercings, bridge piercing, tongue, nose, septum, monroe
greendaygal540

by BassPlayer95 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:29 pm

I'm having the same problems. My parents refuse to see my point of view. I don't understand it, I'm an exceptional student, I'm a good kid so obviously I'm not gonna be stupid and mess up, so their points about why i can't are stupid. Try making a powerpoint, it didn't work for me, but maybe it will for you.
I feel like such a noob, because I don't have any piercings or tatts.

Have: The standard 20g, pierced with a gun, lobes.

Want: A couple tatts, 7/16 lobes maybe a lip piercing or two.

P.S. I'm an avid Harry Potter freak.
BassPlayer95

by greendaygal540 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:05 am

@BassPlayer95
Thanks man, what kind of topics did you powerpoint cover?
greendaygal540

by BassPlayer95 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:39 am

Orgins of body mods, pros and cons, risks and benefits. Basically why I want to stretch.
I feel like such a noob, because I don't have any piercings or tatts.

Have: The standard 20g, pierced with a gun, lobes.

Want: A couple tatts, 7/16 lobes maybe a lip piercing or two.

P.S. I'm an avid Harry Potter freak.
BassPlayer95

by newworldking » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:03 am

power point kinda seems like a waste of time. my momma would beat my ass if i tried something like that. XD I just went ahead and stretched without permission (25 and needed permission) LMAO! mom found out a month or so later when I went to visit her, got mad tried to make me take em out. so I went back home. :mrgreen: she got over it, just like she did with all my tattoos.
N.W.K. Rise or Demise
newworldking

by Imnotasif » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:09 am

I told my parents that the size I want to go to can close up to a normal size and I promised not to go to big, I also said that I would pay for my own jewelry, also point out that you are a good student and if you start to slack you will take them out, if all else fails though do what you want to do.
My body is a blank canvas, yearning to be painted.
Imnotasif

by xangela » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Tell them that you're going to a relatively small size, and that they have flesh coloured plugs that you can use to 'hide' the fact that you have stretched lobes.

You can probably get to 12 - 14 without them noticing anyways.
xangela

by greendaygal540 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:16 am

I've gotten a powerpoint made and I plan on presenting it to my mom tomorrow maybe; I basically combined BassPlayer95's idea with Imnotasif's. Thanks guys! I'll tell you how it goes (= One of the reasons I'd really like my mom's approval is because you can get supplies and plugs ALOT cheaper online than in HotTopic or Spencer's and she has the credit card :roll: lol

UPDATE!: Went up to my mom, asked if 'could I stretch my ear piercing to a bigger size' and she said 'Put a hole in your ear?'
Me: 'Yes?...See, I even made a powerpoint I'ma show ya..'
Her: 'No.' Me:'But you haven't even watched the powerpoint, I know my stuff man. Why?'
Her:'Because it looks freakish'
Me:*shows her page with hello kitty plugs* 'See, most of the jewelry looks like this, it doesn't even show the hole through your ear.'
Her:'...'
I guess in an attempt to atleast have her view the powerpoint I'm gonna email it to her. =S
greendaygal540

Return to New To Stretching