Help. New to this.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by MyReligionIsYou » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:30 am

Well after quite some time of thinking I decided to stretch my ears. They were both pierced with a 16g piercing 5 years ago. Last week I made my first stretch to 14g.

But enough about that. Here is my question: I've read that I should immediately put in plugs/tunnels in my lobe after stretching them with tapers, because wearing tapers as jewelry isn't quite good. The thing is I don't want to go out an buy a spacer/plug if I'll only be in that size for a couple of weeks. I was just wondering if it's really necessary? IRL experiences or anything would be gladly helpful and appreciated.

Thanks! :D
MyReligionIsYou

by ViolentJayne » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:59 pm

you should really be waiting 4 to 8 weeks between stretches so its pretty worth it to get a plug or in super small sizes like below a 6 ga a cbr ring , you shouldnt be stretching every few weeks , more like every few months .. the main reason not to wear tapers is they are bulky and can move around and in larger sizes put uneven pressure on the lobes , in 14 ga it isnt the worst thing you can do but it isnt a good habbit to get into .. I presonaly think plugs in super small sizes are a major bleep to get in .. so I wore cbrs at those sizes up to about 8 , you dont wanna wear them in larger holes cause they get to heavy ...

but yeah Id say buy some plugs or rings they are worth the investment plus if you have spent money on the jewelry it helps you to wait a lil longer between stretches , if you have a piece of awesome 14 ga jewelry that you spent money on and love then you will wanna get your moneys worth buy wearing it for a few months and that gives your ear plenty of time to get ready for the next stretch :) good luck
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:51 pm

^ Agreed. Also, most tapers are acrylic, which shouldn't be worn long-term. And definitely wait more than a couple weeks between sizes, like 6-8+. The main thing is to just wait until you can put the next size in with no pain.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching