New to all of this. Some questions.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Nickehh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:32 pm

Hey guys! I'm a 14 year old white male. I absolutely love the look of gauged ears. And really want to get them. I currently do NOT have my ears peirced.

What is the largest initial peirceing?
I'm only 14, So I'm not going to get some crazy 2 inchers, What is the smallest they sell? I was looking at them, and it appears the smallest is 14g. (confirm)

What is the point of no return? Does the skin grow back? I was hoping I could get 14g initial peircing, and stick to that for awhile.

How do you suggest asking my parents? Should I just tell the peircer 14g needle please and hope they don't interfere?

What is the best place to get gauges and plugs?

Nickehh

by ickyvicki » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:07 pm

i would suggest getting your ears pierced at a 14, and I honestly dont think your parents will think much of it because a 14 is pretty small. "the point of no return" depends on the person usually a 00 is but it really depends on the person. idk wat you mean about skin growing back but your ears can close up if you want them to depending on the size you want to go to. ^.^ :mrgreen:
ickyvicki

by magalo le matelot » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:26 pm

You can be pierce with a 6 gauges needles... this is the biggest I saw.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by MaxGTST » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:02 am

You can get pierced up to 6g using a needle... I personnaly got pierced at 14g and it didn't hurt at all, if I knew I would have went bigger the first time.
Last edited by MaxGTST on Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaxGTST

by Tom » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:44 am

Everyone's body heals different but the point of no return is around 0G - 00G.

I got mine done at a 14G, it felt like a small pinch. Waited for a bit, then started stretching.
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by ericawinship » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:33 am

As for going about asking your parents...

tell them to be quiet and not interrupt you while you tell them something

a)you want your ears pierced.. you really want it and it will make you happy with your body
b) if you don't like them you can always take them out
c)if there is a situation (like church or something formal) where your parents want you to not wear earrings to, tell them you are willing to respect special events where they want you to take them out

It might be a good idea to wait till your birthday or a holiday, and ask for that one individual thing...cause then they cant say no haha. good luck!
official ear stretching facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=inf ... 8509894164

official ear stretching vlog: http://www.youtube.com/user/iGiveSkeetSkeet
ericawinship

by meegs654 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:08 pm

You can get your ears pierced or punched at just about any size. I've seen people get a 8mm dermal punch before and aside from the longer healing period there was nothing wrong with it.

About your parents. If you are still living with them, you should respect their rules. Unless you are a bratty ass kid who gets whatever they want, chances are that being authorative to them will not work out in your favor. I lived with my parents until I was 20 (I'm 22 now) and any question of piercing was quickly shot down. Once I was out on my own, about six months, and showed up at my parents house with pierced ears (10g) they didn't really say anything. My mom and grandma usually compliment my jewelry now that they are used to it. And once you are past 10g you will be able to buy hider plugs and depending on your skin tone should be able hide your piercings from employers and members who might frown on a modified person.
meegs654

by rabidcupcake » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:30 am

What is the largest initial peirceing?
I have seen some that pierce with 6g needles. Dermal punching is another story, but would definitely not go that route considering you will lose some lobe, thus could cause thinning later in your stretching lifetime.

What is the point of no return? Does the skin grow back? I was hoping I could 14g would be barely noticeable compared with regular 20/18g lobe piercings. 1/2 is usually considered the point of no return for most. I have been stretching my ears since 15 and am now 21. Once during that time I took my 0's out and they "shrunk" back to 16's.

How do you suggest asking my parents?
Definitely do your research and act like an adult while speaking with them. It would certainly be best to inform them of your plans. In fact, I have no clue where you are getting pierced. Most reputable shops will not pierce minors, period.

What is the best place to get gauges and plugs?
Gauges are a form of measurement, plugs are the jewelry that goes in our ears. Good places to get plugs could be bmezine.com's shop, bodyartforms.com, plugyourholes.com and ebay.
rabidcupcake

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:35 am

There are actually 2G needles, I believe. I got pierced at 10G and I think it was a really good starting point. The biggest my piercer will do is 8G.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching