Thinking about beginning to stretch

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by hopelessRomantk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:37 am

Hello all. I am new here. :)
And i'm actually thinking about beginning to stretch but the only thing that's really holding me back is if i want to take them out and leave 'em for good, will they actually go back down to your normal size. i'm sure you guys always get this question but i actually searched a couple of pages and tried looking for a topic on this particular question but i got tired of looking. lol.

thanks for taking the time and reading. :)
hopelessRomantk

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:01 am

honestly, if your not sure if you want to do it, then dont. ear stretching is a permanent body modification.

and the whole '2g/0g/00g' is the point of no return is pretty bull as far as ive seen. a girl in my grade at school stretched to a 6g properly and decided she didnt want them anymore. now she has saggy earlobes because they didnt shrink back all the way.

not trying to scare you or anything. guess im just tired of teens stretching with the mentality that is isnt a major change to your body.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:12 pm

^This. Some people can go from 5/8" plus to like 14G or smaller. They're just insanely lucky, so don't listen to anyone who tells you you WILL be able to shrink your lobes because someone else did, because other people can't even shrink from tiny sizes. I recently downsized from 0G to 2G and my left ear never shrank at all.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by hopelessRomantk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:50 pm

thanks for your input ladies. and yes i understand the whole permanence of it. just curious. and i went along with it. thank you for taking the time to answer. now my question is what should i expect from my first stretch. just did it and it's still stinging. been 15 mins. is this normal?
hopelessRomantk

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:30 pm

No, you shouldn't have any stinging or pain. What size did you start at and what size did you stretch to? A lot of people skip sizes by mistake their first time.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by hopelessRomantk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:47 pm

14g. i wasnt sure what size i was though. but for my first i went to a shop and they did it for me. but right now i don't feel pain. it feels fine. but honestly i think i was 18. but she said it was fine to go to start with a 14
hopelessRomantk

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:04 am

For future reference, don't go to shops for stretching or stretching advice; a lot of piercers give incorrect information.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by hopelessRomantk » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:30 am

oh okay thanks so much. i definitely won't. lol. oh well. guess i started somewhere. what should i use to clean them?
hopelessRomantk

by hopelessRomantk » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 am

could i use provon antimicrobial soap?
hopelessRomantk

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:12 am

you don't have to wash them with anything special. if your ears are sore from your stretch just soak them in a sea salt solution and when feel better you can just wash them in the shower like your normal skin and massage them with joboba oil. just take your plugs out, give em a little wash and massage and stick your plugs back in. any soap is fine, just make sure there are no harsh chemicals in them that would irritate your lobes.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

Return to New To Stretching