Offset piercing! Will it sort itself out?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Freaky-Rik » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Basically my dodgey local piercer didnt pierce my ear centrally. I've gone back and he says it'll self center the bigger I stretch! but I dunno wether 2 believe some one who can't do there job properly. I don't wanna end up with thin skin one side. I'm currently at 3.2mm but the bigger I stretch the more noticeable the offsetness is.
So will it sort and center itself correct the bigger I go? If not is there anything I can do?
Also on my other ear I have a small freckle/mole near where I'm stretching, is this gonna be problematic?
Would be very thankful 2 anyone who could resolve this query 4 me.
Embrace the pain, pain is ur friend! Pain is good, it means ur alive! (my philosophy 4 tattoos and life in general, not stretching!)

Stretching both ears out to 14mm (3.2mm at present)
Full sleeves, ribs , back, calf, knee-cap, chest and groin tattoo's
Freaky-Rik

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Do you mean it's not even with your other lobe or it's sitting crooked in your ear? If you think the piercing is crooked, there's not much you can do about it but the good thing is it won't be noticeable to anyone except you.
If the piercings themselves are very uneven, you might just need to start over. How big are you going? If you plan on having really big stretches it will get less noticeable, but if you're staying around 1/2" and below they'll still probably look uneven. If it bothers you, you might need to just retire the piercing and have it redone. If it doesn't close all the way, you could look into having it scalpeled to match the other one.
Do you have pictures of your ears, by any chance?
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Freaky-Rik » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Thanks for the advice, I'm planning on goin up 2 14mm maybe 16mm if the wife doesn't moan 2 much about it. Dont really wanna start from scratch, so I guess il have 2 live with it. Could u elaborate on the terminology of scalped? Wot does that involve? Il try and get a pix on heRe soon.
Is the freckle/mole situation nothing 2 worry about?
Thanks again
Embrace the pain, pain is ur friend! Pain is good, it means ur alive! (my philosophy 4 tattoos and life in general, not stretching!)

Stretching both ears out to 14mm (3.2mm at present)
Full sleeves, ribs , back, calf, knee-cap, chest and groin tattoo's
Freaky-Rik

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:40 pm

the freckle/mole shouldn't be a problem at all if it's not raised. if it is raised it my be a problem, but i couldnt say for sure unless i saw a picture.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

Return to New To Stretching