i wanna start streching, but i need help!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by justyouraveragegirl » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:10 am

okay so i really wanna start stretching my ears, but i dont know how to or what to use.. pretty much i need step by step instructions l0l.
i dont want anything huge. i'm thinking of 4g.

so yes. help would be very much appreciated! :)
justyouraveragegirl

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:40 am

The first thing you need to do is find out what size your ears are currently at. If you've been wearing "normal" earrings you're probably a 20G or 18G. The first size you stretch to should be one size bigger than your previous size (if it's 20G go to 18G, if it's 18G go to 16G, if it's 16G go to 14G, etc.) At 18G/16G you probably won't be able to find any tapers, so just buy some straight barbells or captive bead rings to stretch with. Once you reach 14G you can start getting tapers and plugs/tunnels. Tapers are NOT meant to be worn as jewelry; they're tools. You can find a set of one taper and a pair of steel plugs on bodyartforms.com for $5, or you can pick out ones you like. Just make sure you have a taper and two single-flare/no-flare plugs for each size.

As for the actual stretching process, it's much easier if you take a long, hot shower before attempting it. Use some type of lubricant (emu oil, vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, etc. are all good) and cover your ear and the taper or jewelry with it, then slowly try to slide it in. If it hurts or there's a lot of resistance, stop and try again after some time has passed. It's generally recommended to go up one size every 6-8 weeks, but you may need longer depending on how stretchy your skin is.

I obviously only scratched the surface, so if you have any other questions feel free to ask!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching