How many of you...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by punx.1889 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:52 am

1. I currently hold a part time job and have been offered others with no concern as to what is in my ears.

2. I graduated high school with a 3.69 GPA as well as college with a 4.0.

3. I'm not straight edge, I just choose myself not to do drugs as they don't appeal to me, but I do have the occasional drink or two.

4. My taste in music goes far beyond just heavy metal. I listen to just about everything. I'll give anything a listen.
The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?

Alice: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret, all the best people are.
punx.1889

by heathy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:33 am

uhh well, i fit the bill somewhat, i'm afraid.

1. I'm a novelist and freelance graphic designer. I don't function well in conventional employment.

2. I had a very difficult time as a teenager with mental health and other problems and consequently left school at fourteen. Therefore I have no qualifications whatsoever.

3. Most of my teens were spent in a drug-induced haze. I got myself hooked on speed and ended up homeless, taking pretty much anything I could get my hands on, exempting heroin and crack. I've been clean for six, seven years.

4. For a while I was a massive metal head. Now I tend to listen to post-rock, IDM, dubstep, neo-orchestral and glitch, but I have a very eclectic taste and like tracks from nearly every genre.

sorry to buoy the stereotype. but having said that, i'm far from a slacker... i look after my kid, work out three hours a day, practice music, work the rest of the day, and have a great house. so i've come a long way. body modifications encompass all areas of life, from street punks to university lecturers. my sister is a police officer and she has her tragus, helix and navel pierced.

this, really:
heathy

by KAISERROLLS » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:57 pm

1) Yes, I have a job in retail, actually interacting with people, and not only do i have stretched ears, but dreadlocks too.

2) Senior in High school, planning on graduating in 3 months GPA of 3.4.

3) We all go through that phase at one point or another but it was before i had my dreads and piercings, havent done anything sense.

4) I like soft rock and folk mostly :)

Piercings do not equal Drugs& Bad lives
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by 408_DARKSIDE » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:10 pm

1. How many of you have a stable job or have qualifications for a job (The economy sucks.)

No job right now but I've had some in the past. It was really a hassle because they wouldnt let me wear my plugs so i would take them out before work. That definitely lagged me from sizing up.

2. How many of you graduated highschool, or higher levels of education?

I graduated HS in June '11. Going back to community college in April to get my AA in the next couple years and hopefully Academy of Art afterwords. I'll admit I'm a bit of a slacker but i do have goals and ambitions :D

3. Do you use drugs/whatever?

in HS i tried weed, alcohol, cocaine, X, and Vicodin. It was fun back then because i was young but ive been clean for a while now. I occationally have a drink and i smoke cigs

4. Do you listen to what my mom refers to as "devil worshipping" music? AKA, heavy metal.

No, but my mom does LOL real talk she's into all that stuff but in no way does she worship any devil. As for me, I like listening to some rock eg. Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, system of a Down but im an avid old school, underground, and gangster rap listener eg. Tribe Called Quest, The Pharcyde, Wu-Tang, Curren$y, Ice Cube
Nothing fun happens after 2AM
408_DARKSIDE

by lilyphem » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:00 am

(1) I'm a practice manager at two Chiropractic practices and I am the director of an artist management company.

(2) I'm a qualified audio engineer and horticulturalist. I finished high school back in '95. I've started quite a few degrees, from commerce and biological studies to psychology before I settled on my audio degree.

(3) Hmmmm, I may partake in the greenery now and then (not that I can confirm this)......

(4) I listen to pretty much everything BUT metal (and it's not because it's crud or anything, it's merely my taste). Tell your mum I'm a classical music nutter.

I'm pretty dull and mundane; piercings and such are my only outlet for the wilder side of my personality. I work all day and all night, rarely get to "party" and even at 33 got my ears pierced for the fifth time. Cause I could ;) And I'll do it again dammit hahahahaha
An avid piercer....15 piercings, including tongue, labret, ears 5 pairs, aaaaand maybe some that we won't mention here ;)
lilyphem

by ThirtyFourSeconds » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:31 am

1. Don't have cause of my age. :roll:

2. I stopped for a year at 8th grade (last year) and i'm gettin back now, so i didn't.

3. Stoner.

4. Hardcore, Death Metal, Deathcore. So, answering you, yes.

My mother is like yours, but she only complains about my ears.
ThirtyFourSeconds

by EasternTiger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:50 am

haha well lets see..

1. I do not have an actual job unfortunately, but I make enough money to support myself and my son with art sooo to me it counts because I get to do what I love. lol

2. I did graduate highschool

3. I have tried drugs but, I don't do them, well by drugs I mean iv smoked pot once just to say I have xD

4. and as far as music goes, I tend to not like "devil worship music" it kinda hurts my ears, but I listen to literally everything else, my favorites being house, pop, classic rock/hair bands, oldies, classical and one or two country songs.
8/00
EasternTiger

by AussieGurl » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:33 am

1. How many of you have a stable job or have qualifications for a job
Had jobs in the past but not one now as I'm studying full-time

2. How many of you graduated highschool, or higher levels of education?

Yes I have (a long time ago) and I'm now I'm a mature age student studying Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Educator at University

3. Do you use drugs/whatever?

Tried them in highschool but never really liked it so I don't do them. Have the occasional drink of wine but not often. Besides can't puff away, not with asthma..already sounds like I have a smokers cough already LOL

4. Do you listen to what my mom refers to as "devil worshipping" music? AKA, heavy metal.

I like Metallica but I have a large range of music tastes so anything but country really.

I'm 32 and just started stretching my lobes, got my labret re-pierced and want some tatts.
8mm/0G Both lobes
AussieGurl

Previous

Return to New To Stretching