How many of you...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by BassPlayer95 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:58 pm

My mom thinks very stereotypically of people with stretched ears and piercings. She says that probably all of them are bums and slackers that can't hold down jobs and do drugs. I disagree. So I wanted some slightly personal information on you guys. Nothing too big though.

1. How many of you have a stable job or have qualifications for a job (The economy sucks.)

2. How many of you graduated highschool, or higher levels of education?

3. Do you use drugs/whatever?

4. Do you listen to what my mom refers to as "devil worshipping" music? AKA, heavy metal.

Thanks!
I feel like such a noob, because I don't have any piercings or tatts.

Have: The standard 20g, pierced with a gun, lobes.

Want: A couple tatts, 7/16 lobes maybe a lip piercing or two.

P.S. I'm an avid Harry Potter freak.
BassPlayer95

by heymichael » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:27 pm

1. Of course the economy sucks and it's hard to find a job, but I'm searching for a job left and right
2. I graduated from high school in May with a 3.5 GPA
3. No drugs or alcohol whatsoever. Straight edge all the way
4. I do listen to metal and metalcore but it's all Christian music. The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red, For Today, Underoath, The Color Morale and Texas In July
heymichael

by BassPlayer95 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:00 pm

That's awesome dude.
I feel like such a noob, because I don't have any piercings or tatts.

Have: The standard 20g, pierced with a gun, lobes.

Want: A couple tatts, 7/16 lobes maybe a lip piercing or two.

P.S. I'm an avid Harry Potter freak.
BassPlayer95

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:07 pm

1. I haven't been successful with tryin to find a first job. But that's because the economy sucks. I live a big city and I see a fair amount of people with stretched ears working in service/retail jobs. I've even seen a few people with white collar jobs and stretched lobes.

2. Just finished Junior year in HS with a 3.5 GPA :) plan on graduating next year then going overseas as an exchange student or going straight to college.

3. I have in the past, recreationally. Not in a long time, though, and I definitely don't fit the profile of a "stoner"

4. Not really. I prefer "indie" and cheesy pop music above all else. But I have a little bit of everything on my ipod.

It seems now that stretched ears have become more or less "mainstream" and isn't exclusive to the heavy metal/punk crowd anymore. Of course, if you're part of that scene it's fine too. Many people are and that doesn't mean you are a slacker, druggie, or anything else. Music taste doesnt equate to who someone is
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by stashapistachio » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:11 pm

1. I work very part time in schools, teaching 7-14ish yo about science. And I have far more protruding facial piercings than my ears.
2. I'm a full time BA Hons fine art student, just finished 2nd year. ^Hence very part time work :P I wanna do a PGCE and be an art/art history teacher, likely 14-18yos.
3. No.
4. Lol, yes. Probably. I like metal & rock. But I also like classical (piano and cello mostly), and random indie cabaret. Eclectic!

Not everyone who likes to poke holes in themselves is a satan-worshipping hobo :) There are some very good bod-mod 'role-models' with very, very good jobs.
It does make finding jobs harder, sure. You just have to work harder to get over it and prove yourself sometimes, or fold and retire/hide them. Whatever. Ears are more permanent and visible than piercings.
stashapistachio

by FatStratCat » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:13 pm

1. Don't have a real job yet, not really looking to hard, mostly do lawn work for people (grass, leaves, whatever). Self Employed I guess

2. Still in high school unfortunately, doing good though 3.7 or something like that, I don't stress about grades to much. More than likely attending college and going into a computer related field.

3. Only as like a social thing hanging out with friends and stuff, and even then its only weed so its kind of whatever I guess haha

4. I absolutely love metal, none of it is devil worshiping though. Stuff like Lamb of God, After the Burial, In Flames, August Burns Red, Metallica.
Rocking: 4g Steel Tunnels, Black.
Working up to: 1/2" -- 5/8"
FatStratCat

by 504_DreadheaD » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:56 am

1. Full-time "stable" job that I've had throughout my stretching period and never had any problems/issues with my appearance.

2. Graduated college with a bachelors and will be heading to graduate school for my doctorate in veterinary medicine in the fall :D .

3. Never drugs, but alcohol on occasion or when out with friends.

4. Not a big fan of "heavy" metal but I like all kinds of music so there's no telling what I might be listening to at any given moment lol.

In the entire time that I've been on my stretching journey, most ppl haven't even noticed(but I'm at my goal size of 0g). They've focused more on my abilities and my intellectual capacity :geek: . And even if they have pre-judged me, once I start a conversation it becomes obvious that I'm no slacker. Maybe you should ask your mom if it would be fair to believe in other stereotypes (such as race, origin, gender)...maybe that will get a good debate going about the issue!!
Life is one big road with lots of signs.So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy.Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality.Wake Up and Live!
504_DreadheaD

by blackunicorn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:30 am

1. I'm a bit older so I have been a university professor for several years and have had no problems with my tattoos or piercings.

2. PhD from an Ivy league university

3. No drugs or alcohol.

4. Only listen to reggae, jazz, soul, and tru skool hip hop

I dont know why people always have to believe in and invest so much in stereotypes. Even if you are an unemployed, death metal stoner you can still be a very great person. I dont want to disrespect your mom but I think her attitude is quite narrow minded and ultimately stupid.
blackunicorn

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:04 am

1. I work part-time at a grocery store... I know it's nothing to brag about but it's an easy thing to do while I'm in school. I've worked for the same company (in two different locations) for 4 years.

2. I graduated high school in 2008, and I should be graduating college in a couple years or less.

3. No. I went through that phase but I outgrew it fast. I've never used any hard drugs or anything.

4. Nah, not heavy metal. I like ska, punk, alternative, classic rock, a little bit of everything really.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by PepperJack » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:25 pm

1. I have worked part time at a grocery store for 3 years.

2. I just got my Associates in IT-Networking and will be going back in October for my Bachelors as a Network Engineer.

3. I do smoke and drink.

4. I listen to Hardcore, punk, ska, rap/hip hop, electronic. I like a lot of different genres of music.
PepperJack

Next

Return to New To Stretching