Help on my taper gauges (8)

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by decro121 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:29 am

Ok i had my ears pearsed since i was 12, im currently 16 and last week i decided to stretch them so i went to an 8, my left ear taper looks all perfect straight and all cool but the right one goes down.. its all different.. is there a way to fix this?... i want it to be all straight and perfect like the left one.. i know its because the way i pearsed my ears... Well i hope u guys can help me.. i would really appreciate it. ThankZ. :)
decro121

by Nic » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:15 pm

Do u mean that one ear hole is angled slightly? If so this will not make a difference, one of mine is slightly angled and you cant even tell once i put in my tunnels. if it really bothers u tho then u could just repierce ur ear.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:44 pm

So you went straight to an 8G? Unless you were pierced at 10G, you skipped a few sizes and should start over if you don't want blowouts in the future.
And yeah, if you had your lobes gunned it's normal for them to be a little crooked... guns are not good for piercing and the people who use them aren't professionals so they don't always give the greatest results. If it bothers you, consider getting repierced with needles at a professional shop, and if you don't mind it just leave it as is. I wouldn't recommend wearing tapers as jewelry though; they can put a lot of stress on your new stretches and plugs will make the crooked hole less noticable anyway.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ericawinship » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:01 am

Plugs will look just fine in your ears, tapers just look crooked cause of the direction the ear was pierced...but plugs should be just fine. =]
official ear stretching facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=inf ... 8509894164

official ear stretching vlog: http://www.youtube.com/user/iGiveSkeetSkeet
ericawinship

by Nick » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:42 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:So you went straight to an 8G? Unless you were pierced at 10G, you skipped a few sizes and should start over if you don't want blowouts in the future.
And yeah, if you had your lobes gunned it's normal for them to be a little crooked... guns are not good for piercing and the people who use them aren't professionals so they don't always give the greatest results. If it bothers you, consider getting repierced with needles at a professional shop, and if you don't mind it just leave it as is. I wouldn't recommend wearing tapers as jewelry though; they can put a lot of stress on your new stretches and plugs will make the crooked hole less noticable anyway.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

To answer your question my ears were pierced uneven, but once you get to a certain size (I believe mine was a 2) They start to "straighten" up. Meaning you can't tell that there may be a slight difference in them.
Don't let this discourage you, though. It'll look great as long as you take your time!
Nick

Return to New To Stretching