Starting my stretching.... need help!!!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Noelle94 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:41 am

*waves* First off, my name is Noelle :) I'm 15, and I want to start stretching my ears.

I've been thinking about it for about a year or so and I recently went out and bought a pair of 12g glass "crescent tapers", as my sources are pretty limited (I'm confined to just the local Hot Topic). I had my ears pierced with a gun when I was.... 5? 6? I've compared them to a bunch of size charts and it appears they are currently at a 16g. They have healed very nicely over the years. I also have doubles (retired) and a cartilage.

Anyways, brought these babies home, and over the next two days massaged the heck out of my ears. In the shower, sitting at the computer, etc. I cleaned my hands and ears and jewelry, numb my ear with ice, go to put one in and....

I can't get them in very far! Like, I can get it about 1/3 of the way in, but its not enough to snuggly fit an o-ring on. I tried pretty much everything to get it in. I'm not sure if it's because I'm scared of fucking my ear up or, oddly enough, breaking the jewelry. They just look really fragile!

Am I just paranoid? Should I maybe have first bought a 14g? I've heard you can usually skip a size the first time around and my holes were pretty lose anyways for a 16g so I thought I'd be fine with a 12g? Am I just being a pussy and need to try to push it in with more force? Like I said, It's not much about the pain, but I just really don't want to break the jewelry.

Also, I've heard lube works, but we don't have like, any sex lube lying around. Would a natural oil (like olive or vegetable oil) work?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Noelle94

by MaxGTST » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 pm

I personally have an ear that is kinda hard to get the taper in compared to my other ear. What I did is that each day or 2 I get some teflon tape and put some on my plug to make them a lil bigger ( not by much, like 1-2 turn only ).. did that for 1-2 weeks and then I can get the taper in easily without any pain. I suggest you do that !
MaxGTST

by Tom » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:04 pm

MAX is right, wrap your tapers slightly in electrical,Teflon tape and it will slowly get there, without any pain.

Your worried about breaking the jewelery? Are you using acrylic?

If you are make sure to get some stainless steel Tapers, you only want to stretch with stainless steel!
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by MaxGTST » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:54 pm

Tom, you shouldn't use electrical tape, only teflon since it's not porous and electrical tape does have some toxic things in it.
MaxGTST

by ickyvicki » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:16 pm

well one thing i would do when i was stretching mine (besides tape) is stretching them in the shower or maybe put a warm towel on your lobes first to loosen them up. I never recommend skipping any sizes.
ickyvicki

by Nic » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:35 am

im with ikivicki on this 1. dont skip sizes!! just get the 14 an stretch to that, then to 12
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:47 pm

You're having a hard time because you're skipping 14G. "Normal" earrings are actually a 20G so depending on how much your lobes have loosened up naturally over the years you may actually need to try some 18G or 16G jewelry first. Don't skip any sizes and wait 6+ weeks in between every size.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ericawinship » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:59 am

Hey people what I think the problem here is:

Why are you using ice? Have you ever taken chemistry? If you cool things down the molecules in your ear to slow down thus actually shrinking your piercing. You should try warming your ear by taking a shower and putting it in either in the shower or right after. And I've used vegetable oil and it worked just fine for me.

It would be easier if you bought a pair of 14g jewelry and wore that for awhile before going to 12. Based on how long you've had your ears pierced and wearing all sorts of heavy earrings the 14 would go in just fine =]

People: taping is not the point here yet. This is a BABY size, let this girl learn the simple things about stretching before the more complex things (have you ever heard you need to learn to walk before you can run?) we don't need to teach her about taping method yet haha.

And I've used electrical tape to stretch and I lived, and I'm just fine. Thumbs up Tom!

I hope that I was able to help you. Any more questions? never be afraid to ask!
official ear stretching facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=inf ... 8509894164

official ear stretching vlog: http://www.youtube.com/user/iGiveSkeetSkeet
ericawinship

by Noelle94 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:25 am

Hey everyone!

So I went today and got the proper size 8-) Got a pair of 14g crescent tapers and they went it with only a little bit of resistance. Hurt surprising less than I thought it would, although I did ice my ears before. I know I'm not supposed to, but whatever, I'm a wuss and couldn't do it without the ice xD They had that just-pierced warm sensation and now its just a very dull throb. Sleeping tonight is definitely going to be interesting!

The little pack came with a pair of cresent tapers and tiny tiny tiny little plugs, and I now have 14s, 12s, and 10s, so I'm good on tapers for right now. Planning on waiting 4-6 weeks before moving on to 12s, but I'm gonna see how it goes :)

Any tips on what I should do/not do? I plan on going with the 'don't touch your ears unless your cleaning them' method. I'm also soaking them in non-iodized salt/water mixture.
Noelle94

by Nick » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:58 am

You don't have to use the don't touch them unless you're cleaning them method. When they're healed up a little bit to where it's not so sensitive to the touch I would recommend twisting them. Preferably in circles.
The next time you gauge don't use ice. I know it's not the most pleasant feeling in the world, but it's only going to be worse on your ears if you continue doing this. You can try to heat a rag by running hot(not scalding) water over it and applying it to your ear.
Remember, you don't want a blowout or a rip to happen in your ear. So take your time and do it correctly. Be careful and if you have any more questions just ask!

Good Luck!
Nick

Next

Return to New To Stretching