what do i need to do before stretching?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Bekki :) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:33 pm

hey everyone :)

i'm currently stretching my left lobe and all is going well and now i want to stretch my right one as well but have a problem i need to sort out first i think so i don't mess up my ear?

basically, i had my lobe pierced a good year or two ago and wasn't happy with where it was positioned so waited for it to heal and had it pierced again but in a slightly different place. however, now from wearing too heavy earrings it's kinda dragged the hole down a bit and so i think if i stretched it, it would eventually rip at the bottom as it seems too low. also, on the back of my ear from the first piercing i've realised there's a little lump, not a painful bloody one but just a white lump? i'm guessing it's a build up of scar tissue maybe?

so i was wondering if i could have a bit a advice on what to do?

i obviously need to sort the lump out but not sure how to, but was wondering whether to let the hole close up completely and have it pierced again or have it close up so its back to normal size and leave it for a while and then stretch?

sorry for the long post haha :)

bekki x
Bekki :)

by Tom » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:08 am

Hey,
Did you originally pierce your ears yourself, or did you go to a shop to have them done? I was just wondering b/c my friend just showed me a lump he had in his ear, i figured it was b/c it did it himself.

What size do you plan on stretching to?
i would put some plugs in and see how your ears react without the weight holding them down. If all fails i would start over and stretch very slow! as you will have a lot of previous scar tissue..
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by Bekki :) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:15 pm

The first time i had it pierced was done by a piercing/tattoo shop and then the second time i did it myself. I didn't know if there's a way of getting rid of the lump?

About 14mm i was thinking, but i bet when i get to that, i'll go higher :P Ah okay cheers :) My other lobe's at 4mm now and everything's fine so hopefully will be the same with the other.
Bekki :)

by ChartwellKerr » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:27 am

the lump may be just a random sore or something, but it may also be a keyloid which you would have to watch out for, not good for stretching.
- So put your faith, in more than steel. Don't store your treasures up, with moth and rust where thieves break in and steal.

Piercings:
1" Ears
16g Nose ring
10g Frenum
Tattoos:
Right Sleeve
Chest piece
ChartwellKerr

Return to New To Stretching