8g to 6g, help needed

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by 6G_kid » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:56 am

hey everyone, great forum, its just what i was after !

i have just started stretching my left lobe, i bought a 4 piece taper kit which came in 14, 12, 10, and 8. I have used them all probably over the space of a month, they all went in with out much pain at all and healed quickly so i thought there was no real point in waiting a few weeks in between.

i'm currently on 8G (3mm) i had the tapper in for a week and now ive got a tunnel in which has also been in for 1 week. it feels completely healed, i have no pain and can pull it and what not. i tried to stretch out to 6G the other night and i couldnt do it ! it started to get painfull, more painfull than all the other sizes so i stopped as i didnt want to do any damage.

so whats the go ??? do i need to try and get a tapper in between 8g and 6g ? how come all the other gauges stretched so easily and this one hurts ?? do i just need to wait longer ??

any help would be great !

thankyou

Steve.
6G_kid

by Nic » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:40 pm

well the first sizes are easy becuz the stretches are small, as u stretch bigger the gap between sizes gets bigger. Its also very important to lightly tug ur jewelry during the day so ur lobes loosen up. gud luck an happy stretching :)
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by 6G_kid » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:48 am

Thanks for the feedback mate. I was just worried because it was fairly painfull, but nothing I couldn't Handel, just didn't know if it was going to split or blow out my lobe. Just want to know if it's safe to ram it in lol.
6G_kid

by Tom » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:13 am

Hey OG

Your stretching too fast. Its not safe to ram it lol. Wait till your ears are fully healed to stretch again, it wont hurt as much. 4-6 weeks .. there is no rush
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by 6G_kid » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:43 am

sweet thanks dude, ill wait a few more weeks and give it another crack !
6G_kid

by 6G_kid » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:17 am

got my 6 gauge in the other night, taper went in with only a little bit of a sting and burn feeling. had the 6G i for a day and it was all going fine ! no bleeding, it wasent even sore. today at about lunch time my ear started to feel a bit sore. so i thought id take out my tunnel and clean my ear, when i took out the tunnel my ear started to bleed. as i was at work i washed my ear with some warm soapy water and left the tunnel out.

i dont know what has happend ?? should i justleave the tunnel out and let my stretch heel ? or should i try and get the 8 guage back in ??
6G_kid

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:40 pm

You stretched too fast... 8G to 6G is a really difficult stretch; I was at 8G for about three months before my lobes were ready to move on. The bleeding was probably caused by removing the jewelry and messing with the fresh stretch; stretches should never really be sore anyway. If I were you I would downsize to 8G (or smaller if you can't fit the 8G in), treat it like a fresh piercing (sea salt soaks are much better than antibacterial soaps which are too harsh IMO), and wait a few months before trying to stretch again. When your ears are healed you might want to start doing vitamin E oil massages for a couple weeks before you try again; it'll help break down any scar tissue that you created and make the future stretches easier.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by 6G_kid » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:47 am

damn... i waited like 5 weeks my ear felt ready.... i just thought thats what the 8 to 6 stretch would be like as it is the 1st 1mm stretch..

will i still be able to heel up my lobe back to normal ? because i dont intend on keeping my 6g forever ??

thanks...

p.s ive got my 8g back in and its starting to feel ok again.
6G_kid

by ericawinship » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:21 am

Have you tried using lube to put it in? Or are you just shoving them in there? You should really try that, any water based lube works. I'd try again 1 months from the point your ear completely stopped bleeded and healed up.
official ear stretching facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=inf ... 8509894164

official ear stretching vlog: http://www.youtube.com/user/iGiveSkeetSkeet
ericawinship

by 6G_kid » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:12 am

thanks for your help mate, i appreciate it !

yea i had a warm shower and then lubed my lobe up and the taper with anti bacterial soap, the taper was that slippery i could hardly hold it...

ive been cleaning my lobe with the soap and then using moisturiser with vitamine e in it, my lobe is looking healthy again.
6G_kid

Next

Return to New To Stretching