Stretching for the second time. Question needs answering :D

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by effiepoole » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:02 pm

2 years ago I started stretching my ears in the second hole in my ears after getting to about 14mm i went up a size too quickly and got an infection in my right ear. After this decided to take the left one out as well and both healed up perfectly.

At the weekend i decided i wanted to start stretching again. Started on monday and on my left ear gone 10g already but my right ear wont even let me get a 12g half way in.
Could this be due to scar tissue from in healing from the infection a few years ago? And any tips on how to get it though other than going smaller or a professional would be great, also tried the hot shower thing.

I have no idea if i have the sizing right either just going by the size chart but all comments much appreciated :)
effiepoole

by caadam » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:46 am

Scar tissue is a great possibility! It can prevent elasticity, thus preventing stretching in general.

The best way I know how to get rid of scar tissue is oil massaging. Many people say that emu oil helps to break down scar tissue, but if you're a vegetarian/vegan, you wouldn't want to use it. Emu oil, after all, is made from the fat of emu birds!

You can also use jojoba oil, or even castor oil! Castor oil is a wonderful oil with many healing benefits, and I use it when my ears become irritated. It really helps them calm them down and heal more quickly, as well as soften the skin and connective tissue that makes up the ear lobe. It also helps a lot with the lymphatic system; so if you experience a lot of lympatic fluid secreting from your fistulas, castor oil can help reduce that secretion!

If and when you decide to start oil massaging, it's best to make sure both your ears and hands are clean. Massage a little bit of oil into your lobes for a few minutes. I can fit in about five minutes per lobe while watching a video online; it helps to make the time pass more quickly, so you're not counting the seconds. ;) But whatever works!

EDIT

As far as trying to stretch the lobe up to 10g when it can't at the moment, I wouldn't suggest you force it. Obviously. :) You'll just have to be patient with your lobe if you want healthy results, and that means waiting for a while longer. Patience is a definite citru (I meant to spell virtue! Not citru. lol I don't know how that happened!) within the ear stretching community!
Nose = 18g
Ears = 8g (2mm) (longterm goal: 2g [6-6.5mm])
caadam

by effiepoole » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks i'll give that a go don't know if i can get emu oil in the UK but i'll have a look for it :)
effiepoole

Return to New To Stretching