Receding Gums

Lip Piercing, Belly Piercing, Nose Piercing, Tongue Piercings and more.. (Non Ear Stretching)

by Nic » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:00 pm

I have had my snakebites for a long while an the other day i was brushing my teeth an i noticed my gums on the tooth teeth behind my snakebites are receded lower then the other teeth. I never switched to shorter posts after the initial healing an i think thats why my gums receded. I have now switched to short posts that dont rub my gums. Do u think il have any more problems? Will my gums go back to normal? :/ i really hope i dont have to take em out permanantly
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:37 pm

your gums probably won't go back, sorry. receding gum lines and chipped teeth are the biggest problem with oral piercings. you should've switched to smaller posts sooner.

they also have a type of jewelry called bioplast, which is essentially a plastic material that you can fit standard balls onto the outer end. so basically it looks like regular jewelry but the part in your mouth is plastic so it wont fuck up your teeth.

just google search 'bioplast body jewelry'
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by Hybrid » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:27 am

I have a receding gumline as well, although no oral piercings. Unfortunately gumline doesn't go back to normal. I don't believe you will have to remove your snakebites, but bioplast would be a good idea.
Hybrid

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 am

Yep, get some bioplast. You probably won't be able to fix anything but you'll at least stop it from getting any worse.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by xdontcry » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Sorry to say my friend, your gums aren't going to grow back (I have the same problem with my angel bites). I wouldn't recomend trying bioplast, because I did, and over the course of a few months they began to rot and fall apart. Try shorter studs?
Current
Left lobe: 1"
Right lobe: 7/16"
Right cartilage: 14g, 14g.
Angel bite's: 16g
Labret: 16g
Left nostril: 18g
tongue, navel and nipples: 14g.
3 tattoos.

Wishlist
3 more navel rings
Right nostril
Multiple tattoos
xdontcry

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:26 pm

did you switch them out often? a girl i know who has bioplast said they came in a pack or 6 or 8 and she changes jewelry fairly often.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by ViolentJayne » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:13 pm

Receding Gums can grow back if there isnt to much damage done . I posed this exact question to my dentist not more than a year ago .. what he recommends is to get in for a good professional cleaning to clean out any plaque and calculus, that has formed between your gum and tooth .. this will then stimulate blood flow and encourage your gums to regrow up your tooth to a more normal level .. your gums may never fully recover but they can get better .. I would make an apt to your dentist and get his advice and in the mean time I would "after regular brushing " use a dry tooth brush gently on the gums to stimulate blood flow and try switching from labret stud to hoop back and forth only wearing each for a day or 2 then switch again this with change the pressure on your gums /teeth and lip so you arent constantly rubbing the same area .. good luck
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Nic » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:05 am

Random as hell i know, but is that pic at the bottom of u Violent Jayne? o.o if so... dayum. if not, that chicks got sum badass shit goin on xD
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

Return to Other Piercings