Helix?

Lip Piercing, Belly Piercing, Nose Piercing, Tongue Piercings and more.. (Non Ear Stretching)

by sheepsheep » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:48 am

I've been looking into getting a helix piercing recently, but I have a few questions about it. I really like the look of these type of piercings that go through the top of the ear: http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online ... r-fish.cfm

But would those be the only ones you'd be able to wear then? Compared through the flat part of the ear and being able to have a back to the earrings.

I was also concerned about infection and ear collapse. I haven't had infection with my lobes (other than when I got bad advice on stretching, but that was more tearing than infection). Just wondering what the chances are of it being infected or something going wrong.

Thanks! :)
sheepsheep

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:17 am

To be honest I'm really not sure what you mean with the first part... Helix piercings are usually done with straight barbells, labrets (barbell with a flat back), or captive bead rings. Rings aren't the best for healing though, as they move around too much.

There really isn't any major risk of complications unless you have it done with a gun. You should always be pierced with needles by a professional, experienced piercer. Helix and other cartilage piercings can be slow healers but they're not dangerous or anything.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Other Piercings