belly button issues

Lip Piercing, Belly Piercing, Nose Piercing, Tongue Piercings and more.. (Non Ear Stretching)

by SusiMarie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:39 pm

So my navel was pierced with with a CBR because the piercer said it allows for swelling, but i keep nocking it on tables and things because it sticks up out of my belly. I had it pierced friday the 4 of november, and its now the 8th of november. i know its un advisable in all ways to change jewelry this early but i have pure surgical steel navel rings. SHOULD i be able to change it ? because im scared for my piercing with all the accidental knocking.
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
right nostril piercing 20g
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by ast.riske » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:06 pm

For a jewelry change this early on in any piercing, I would recommend you go back to your piercer and tell them about your problems. Ask that they offer alternate jewelry like a curved barbell or a custom bent piece depending on your anatomy. I am no expert on navel piercings, as I've not had one, but piercings in general can behave differently for different people, so maybe a CBR just isn't going to work out for you. I'm sure your piercer will be able to offer a solution.

Good luck! : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by SusiMarie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:50 pm

he put it in because if it had swollen it couldn't have swallowed the ends. its not swollen, none of my piercings have swollen. they dont tend to.

Why do I need to go to my piercer? not to be snotty or anything. but i don't have the cash to go back and they are only open on one day a week for piercings.

i have completley sterile navel bars, and i can very easily do it at home.
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:29 pm

A piercer could change it with as little trauma to the new piercing as possible.
Also, make sure the jewelry you're using is internally-threaded; external threading can cut the skin. Has the jewelry you have been autoclaved?
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ast.riske » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:24 pm

I understand the reasoning behind choosing the cbr, but if he needed a longer bar for the initial piercing I'm sure he could get them. This is not the first time I've heard about issues with cbr's in various new piercings. It's always a coin toss as to what the best solution would be. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by SusiMarie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:36 pm

ill see if he is. its not auto claved no and im not sure about threading i hadnt checked. i just bought it in a jewlry shoppe and didn topen it yet.

ill go on saturday and see if he can change it, because the knocking is driving me batty
it it my table and my laptop today.
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:15 am

Yeah, it's best to have autoclaved jewelry in piercings that new. If it's from a jewelry shop people probably touched it with unclean hands before putting it in the package.

How's it doing now? I can imagine it's pretty annoying; I've knocked my navel several times even with a curved barbell in! Having a navel piercing definitely makes you aware of all the movement in that area and how much stuff touches it.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by SusiMarie » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:00 pm

its healing, and its stopped pussing. it was for a day putting out this gross yellow white puss crap which I think was from knocking it a few times, i learned to avoid it at all costs and i pretty much secured it with band aids yesterday. and today i can sit in the chair in my living room in any position i fancy with out pain and ive only hit it once. so i thinkit should be fine for the next 4 ish weeks. cuz todays one, so ill put in a new one with the internal threads after that.

thanks you guys for your help and convincing me that I shouldnt rip the hell outta my new piercing wit an unsanitary external threaded bar :D
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

Return to Other Piercings