tongue or septum

Lip Piercing, Belly Piercing, Nose Piercing, Tongue Piercings and more.. (Non Ear Stretching)

by SusiMarie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:26 pm

i cant decide, i want one or the other. I love the look of both So whats the better one in peoples opinion for jobs and healing and after care? whats the easier one ?
Last edited by SusiMarie on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
right nostril piercing 20g
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:32 pm

i love love love septums.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:51 pm

Septum is probably an easier healer. It takes like a couple weeks longer to heal than the tongue but you don't have the swelling like you do with tongue piercings. Most people have their tongue swell up to the point that they can't eat anything but soft/liquid foods for a few days.

They're both nice piercings, though. Just get whatever you prefer!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by SusiMarie » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:18 am

the thing with the septum is that my friends who aren't modders and my mother all told me they loved me because i told them i wouldn't get it. Ideas on how to get them to like a septum?
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:08 am

Explain to them that you like it, and you can hide it whenever you want. Or just wear it flipped up and don't tell them. :P
My family doesn't know I have my septum pierced. Actually, there are very few people who know! Not saying you should hide it from the world but it is one of the few piercings that can be made totally invisible, which your mom and your friends might like.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by SusiMarie » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 am

do you think both would look bad?
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:21 am

no, the more the merrier! :D
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by ast.riske » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:10 pm

Honestly, I work in the corporate world and I have my septum pierced and stretched. My coworkers don't know unless I tell them. I interact with the top brass and they are totally unaware of it. Septums are SUPER easy healers and they can be hidden whenever. I had mine pierced with a retainer, so I just kept it flipped up at work during healing. No sweat.

Tongue piercings are more visible, especially since people who have them tend to play with them and the jewelry clatters against their teeth. That said, tongue piercings are also more commonly accepted.

As far as your family goes, tell them or not. They won't know if you keep your septum piercing hidden. My family doesn't know, but my friends do. I pick and choose who gets to know what piercings I have, though my lobes are pretty evident. Lol Nobody gives them a second glance, since they are still fairly small. : )

Anyway, my short answer is septum all the way. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

Return to Other Piercings