are septum piercings painful?

Lip Piercing, Belly Piercing, Nose Piercing, Tongue Piercings and more.. (Non Ear Stretching)

by pretentiousdick » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:19 am

I plan on getting mine soon. I've had my nostril pierced professionally and my monroe done by a high kid with pliers, baby novicane and a sewing needle (stupidly). Is the pain comparible?
I've take out both piercings which I why I want to potentially get my septum done.

I wish I could upload a photo through mobile so maybe I coul also get opinions on how I would look with one :\ oh well!

Thanks to all replies :D
madison walker maydak.
not really a pretentious dick.
aged 16 years. 11/16 lobes (one stretch away from goal size)

rest in piece:
monroe, nostril, 3rd lobe holes.

coming soon:
septum, hips
pretentiousdick

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:57 am

I was really scared to get my septum done but it really wasn't bad at all. It just stung a little and made my eyes water. I'd rate it a 3 or 4 out of 10. It was slightly more painful than my right nostril and slightly less painful than my left... and definitely a different kind of pain than my other piercings. What makes it great is that it's a quick healer! Just make sure you go to a great, experienced piercer who really knows what they're doing so they'll pierce the right spot instead of the cartilage. If they do it incorrectly it will be the most painful piercing you'll ever have!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by joniponi » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:56 pm

i gotta say that after a nostril piercing the septum doesnt hurt at all if the needle goes through without problems. nostril is thicker than the septum so yeah it pretty much doesnt hurt :P
Hi I'm Joni from Finland!
6mm Septum (taping in process)
I want
Tongue
Bigger septum
joniponi

by Osito » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:25 pm

It hurts, but it's not unbearable. More uncomfortable than anything, really, because your piercer's got her fingers in your nose and your eyes water up and that makes you feel kind of awkward... :lol:
Osito

by RADCAZ » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:59 am

I've Done Mine A Couple Of Times With Safety Pins, It's Not Too Bad, But If It even Skims Cartilage It Hurts Like A Motherfucker :O
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

by ast.riske » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Zombie thread. Nrrrrrrrrr.... Braaaaaaainssss....

Side note, self piercing isn't a very good idea.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:24 am

RADCAZ wrote:If It even Skims Cartilage It Hurts Like A Motherfucker :O

And this is why we get piercers to do our piercings for us...
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by RADCAZ » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:34 am

I Think It's More Personal Doing You'r Own,
Plus You Save That Bacon Money!!!!!!!
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

by ast.riske » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:00 pm

It may be more personal, but it's also far more risky with a higher chance of complication and trauma. You are welcome to take whatever route you like, but I am a big proponent for a more conservative, safe method of modification. I think, when doing body mod of any type, you're already putting yourself at risk, so why complicate it further?
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

Return to Other Piercings