Helix Stretching?

Lip Piercing, Belly Piercing, Nose Piercing, Tongue Piercings and more.. (Non Ear Stretching)

by Metrev » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:03 am

I want to stretch my helix out a bit(8g), and i've been having a hard time. I tried an 12g taper (14g to 12g) and it just didnt want to go in and it was really hard to put in, and it was a bit soar, ive been at a 14 for about 3 months now so its not cuz it hasnt been pierced for long enough or anything
12g helix(L)
12g Eyebrow(L)
Metrev

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:20 pm

It's only been pierced for three months? If so, that is WAAAY too soon. My helix piercings have been done for over two years and they're still not even fully healed, let alone ready to stretch. Cartilage piercings are a LOT different than lobes, and stretching it takes forever. I'd say you should wait at least a year and a half after an initial cartilage piercing to start stretching, and that's only if it's very well-behaved.

If you mean it's been three months since your last stretch, that still might not be long enough. Most people wait about six months between cartilage stretches.

It's a lot quicker just to get a dermal punch or large-gauge piercing if you want a stretched cartilage piercing. Unless you have all the patience in the world because the process takes AGES and is pretty painful.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Metrev » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:23 am

yeah, 3months since i stretched its, it has been well behaved, and i am quite anxious to stretch it, and you you know if it would be hard to insert an 8g silicone tunnel when i'm at an 8g?
12g helix(L)
12g Eyebrow(L)
Metrev

by Metrev » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:27 am

also, im only 14 so i cant go get a dermal, my mom only know that my ears are PIERCED not even stretched haha
12g helix(L)
12g Eyebrow(L)
Metrev

Return to Other Piercings