Nose piercings

Lip Piercing, Belly Piercing, Nose Piercing, Tongue Piercings and more.. (Non Ear Stretching)

by luckykidd » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:55 am

I just pierced my own nose, I did it with a sewing needle that I cleaned with alcohol. Everything went fine and didnt hurt at all. The only thing I need help with is the aftercare? How do I clean it? I know alcohol isnt good for piercings.
Have
0G lobes
helix(R)
Double pierced lobes
Nostril(R)

Want
1/2" lobes
Spider bites(L)
Lots of ink

Im Faith
luckykidd

by joniponi » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:54 am

do sea salt soaks twice a day, alcohol should never be near your piercings, it dries them out and slows down the healing process.
Hi I'm Joni from Finland!
6mm Septum (taping in process)
I want
Tongue
Bigger septum
joniponi

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:37 pm

You know that needle wasn't even close to being sterile, right? The only way to sterilize needles/jewelry is to put them through an autoclave, and I'm sure whatever jewelry you put in was dirty too. My advice would be to take it out and get it done the right way; the fact that you don't know how to care for a piercing shows you weren't ready to pierce yourself.

Anyway, if you insist on leaving it, do sea salt soaks. Mix 1/4 teaspoon finely-ground sea salt per one cup of hot water (if you're using a different amount of water adjust the salt) and soak your piercing for 5-10 minutes once or twice a day. Never twist, move, or even touch the piercing.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Other Piercings