Septum - 8g to 6g. How long will I be sore?

Lip Piercing, Belly Piercing, Nose Piercing, Tongue Piercings and more.. (Non Ear Stretching)

by Zambaku » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:50 pm

Two days ago I went from 8g to 6g without much trouble. It didn't hurt alot, but these two days after has not been fun. It's quite sore, throbbing in the whole front of the nose, and well. I'm just wondering, when can I expect it to feel better?

There's no redness or anything at all, so I don't think I got any infections =)
Zambaku

by ireland896 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:33 am

every time i stretch. 2 weeks of pain, 3 months of ultra sensitivity, and at least two occasions where some freak occurrence happens and i hit my nose and cry like a baby. for example, stretch 4g to 2g, opened car door and clipped the tip of my nose with the top corner of the door.
1 1/4" each lobe. 2g septum. 12g lebret.
6g tongue retired. 12g Hand webbing retired. 12g bridge retired.
12g madison retired. 10g ampallang regretfully retired.

Stretching goal: 1" again. No real need to stop if my ears still want to go.
ireland896

by ast.riske » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:11 am

Like a necromancer, I will revive this corpse of a thread.

So, rather than starting a whole new thread, I figured I'd just revive this topic since it's appropriate to my current situation. I have been taping up to 6g from 8g. I was soaking my septum and my taped nf tunnel just slid right out. I figured I'd get out the trusty taper and see if the fistula was going to be cooperative. The taper slid right in. So I carefully eased the jewelry in and set the taper aside. Everything was great for a while and then the burn began.

Suffice to say, that warm sensation you can get from a fresh stretch on your lobes? It burns on your septum. I took it a sign from the stretching gods that I am close, but not ready. I put back the taped tunnel and everything is back to normal.

Short version: so, so close. I can almost get it, but it's still a few wraps of tape and a week away. Here's to all you who have walked this path before me.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:38 pm

i hate that feeling of "so close, but not quite". what size are you aiming for for your septum?
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by ast.riske » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Yeah, I am totally having that "so close" feeling. My goal is kind of variable right now. I may go to a 4g or I may stop at a 6g. I am waiting to see how I feel about 6g once I get there. Lol

The funniest thing about my stretched septum is that originally didn't intend to stretch it at all, but then I just couldn't resist. Especially since the jewelry i wanted started at 8g. Once I got to 8g I discovered the weight of the jewelry was uncomfortable directly only skin, but earskins feel good. So now I am stretching to fit an earskin I can fit my jewelry through. Lol

Oh, piercings...
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by ast.riske » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Phew! And I'm at 6g. W00t!! It only took about 4 or 5 days to get there instead of a week. Now the healing begins. I think I am done stretching my septum for a while. This one was definitely a process. Lol

Edit: the entire stretching period was a little less than two weeks. It just took about 5 days from when the jewelry first fit until now to comfortably wear 6g jewelry. No burn, just a little tightness.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by ast.riske » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:35 pm

Update: just a bit after stretching , the weather decided to go back and forth from dry to damp several times, making my nose run. Constantly blowing and wiping my nose made it angry and swollen, so I'm back at an 8g. It's a super duper stretchy 8g though. Lol

I'll probably restretch in January when the weather is a little more stable.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

Return to Other Piercings