... name the lump

Concerned? Do you want someone to have a look at your stretched ear? Post a picture here

Moderator: Tom

Forum rules
BE NICE & NO SPAM

by phillip » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:07 pm

hello ...

on the back of my right ear , there is a lump that i am attempting to show in the pic , i had my ears done 15 days ago now ... i am guessing it is scar tissue , but i am not certain , please let me know what you think ... and the steps i could take to lessen the lump ...

also , i have been massaging both lobes with emu oil , and the lump is present with the tunnel in or out , o ring on or off ... thanks again

phillip

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:35 pm

The picture isn't showing up so I'm just gonna go from what you said.

Did you just have them pierced a couple weeks ago? It's waaay too early to start massaging them. That's meant for healed lobes, and honestly really shouldn't be done until you've had the piercings for a good 10-12 weeks. I've heard emu oil can help with healing but the rubbing really irritates a new piercing.

Anyway, if you're taking your jewelry out, moving the jewelry around when cleaning, etc it could cause hypertrophic scarring, or what most people refer to as "the bump." It usually happens on cartilage piercings but I had one on a lobe piercing once by wearing jewelry that moved around too much.

The best thing to do is just leave your piercing alone. Don't touch it and make sure the jewelry doesn't move. Also, what kind of aftercare are you doing? The most helpful will be sea salt soaks; mix no more than 1/4 teaspoon sea salt per one cup hot water and soak your ears in the solution for 5-10 minutes every day.

Good luck!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ViolentJayne » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:54 pm

i had something similar in one of My retired piercings at one point I had 5 in one ear working my way up to the cartilage with the intention of piercing the whole rim of my ear .. anyway now Im down to just 2 per ear lol .. any way this was on the 5 th one and it became sore shortly after getting it pierced ( gun!eeeek I know now bad idea but this was like 7 years ago lol ) any way after a few weeks it got what looked like a big keloid http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001852/ so I removed the jewelry and like 2 or 3 months later it was still there ... so I figured it was a scar and would have to be looked at By a dr .. then all the sudden one day after a shower I dabbed my ear ( which by then had NO pain at all ) with a towel and that thing burst yuck ! I know, but like a ton of blood and old puss came out and withing 2 or 3 days the bump was gone and never has returned .....you may just wanna remove the jewelry and let it heal over and then start again in a few months with a fresh piercing .. I know that would suck but it would probably be better than continuing to stretch then deciding at like 00 that you need to start over .. what Im trying to say is starting over now might be better than putting hella time and effort into it then still having to start over ... any way good luck
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Return to Visual Help