Quick question

Concerned? Do you want someone to have a look at your stretched ear? Post a picture here

Moderator: Tom

Forum rules
BE NICE & NO SPAM

by AmberMuffinz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:02 am

Hello hello. Before I ask my question I'm going to give some background. Also, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but it looked the most appropriate so here I go!

I've been stretching for around five or six years. My ears have been at 1/2" (12.77 MM I believe?) for at least ... two years I'd say. So this is not an issue with sizing up or anything. I haven't bought any new plugs recently and nothing has been different.

My ear has a bump in it. Not on the outside, which is what I kept running into when I was looking it up. I know WHY it has this bump though! It happened not last night but the night before, I believe I slept on it wrong. I slept on my left side rather than my right, which is not what I do often. I was wearing my opalescent double flared plugs. I'm assuming I just slept on it wrong and this occurred. In the morning I took it out, rubbed it with vitamin e gel and put in my blue plugs which are supposedly 1/2" but are on the smaller side.

Last night I put cayenne pepper on them (mixed with water to create a paste) for around an hour. After that I did a 20 min or so sea salt soak and then more vitamin e gel before I went to bed. I kept waking up, had horrible sleep, which was a good thing in one sense since I was awake to turn and sleep on my right side if I was on my left side.

Aaaaanyway, I've left my plug out all day. I have another plug ready to wear tonight that's a size or two down, I'm not sure but it's smaller. So a wall of text later, what do you think this bump could be? My boyfriend said it looked like I pinched it or something, which is very possible since the plugs I was wearing had a very sharp incline in the middle. It's not bleeding, but it does hurt if I mess with it and it's a visible bump. I tried to get pictures of it, sorry if they are not that great. I'll take more upon request. Also, sorry this is a long post but I would rather get everything out of the way than have a bunch of questions I should've addressed in the first post.

It's only been two days, so I'm probably being a bit silly but if anyone else has dealt with this I would love to know.
AmberMuffinz

by ViolentJayne » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:24 pm

I think its just a big pimple . I had something like this once ( although my lobes are much smaller ) but it looked just the same and made my ear start to swell .. I used sea salt soaks for about 3 days and it came to a head , when it pops it should feel much better .. I bet its from the oil , sometimes when I dont get all the extra oil off or rubbed in , it will break me out
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by AmberMuffinz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Interesting, thank you for your reply! When I took my plug out this morning (I put in a smaller single flared so I didn't have to stretch it over a double flared) there was a bit of gunk on the plug and some on my ear. Now it's bleeding though. SSS time, for sure.
AmberMuffinz

Return to Visual Help